Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

It's Official: Jesus is not an A's fan

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: It's Official: Jesus is not an A's fan
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bfriend on Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 10:50 pm:

Ever since the A's flagship radio station KFRC 610 switched from Oldies to Christian broadcasting, the A's have won 1 game and lost 11.

Is there a group of baseball hating christians holding meetings praying for the A's to die and go away - or at least not make the playoffs so that the new radio owners "contractual requirements" to broadcast A's games ends the last day of the season?

Maybe we need to all pray to the Baseball Gods to overwhelm them before this season is COMPLETELY lost... perhaps offering a human sacrifice might help: how about Macha? Chavez? Dotel? ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaklandfasho510 on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 09:05 pm:

I think this is a post that needs to be sent away real soon. I think it's ridiculous for you to blame the A's pitiful play on the fact that the radio station has been changed. And there is no such thing as "baseball hating christians". You need to think before you speak and act because using "Jesus" so freely in your post is not a good idea. Honestly, KFRC will probably get more christian listeners now than it ever did with baseball, so I see absolutely nothing negative about the move. So bfriend, u need to really watch what u say because baseball and religion are completely opposite and shouldn't be mingled with. Watch out, because u never know who you offend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 09:21 pm:

510, it was a joke, we need to all keep our sense of humor in these trying times...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaklandfasho510 on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 09:30 pm:

Your right kevink, sense of humor is a great thing to have, but as with everything, there is a line.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bfriend on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 09:45 pm:

Apparently what most would consider over the top, toungue-in-the-cheek humor doesn't always transfer well on internet posts for everyone.
My apologies to anyone who would actually take this post seriously...

By the way, to some people, Baseball IS a religion and they blend superstition in with the 'praying' for the key homerun or strikeout. I suppose I'm guilty of this to some extent. And have you seen Johnny Damon lately and his cult like t-shirts and fan following? All because he looks like our interpetation Of JC.

As for there being no baseball hating christians as you flatly deny, you are mistaken. My brothers became a born again Christians 30 years ago and all thier previous passions such as Baseball, Rock & Roll Music, movies, television and radio were overnight regarded with disdain, ridicule and even boycotting. I was constantly questioned why I would pay money to watch someone to do "thier Job" -- be it acting, singing or playing baseball - would I pay to watch a house painter or gas station attendant? I replied that it's because thier "job" is to entertain.

I love my brothers and they have lighten up on their rigid views over time but I do know that if they could have they would have found a way to keep the A's (and Beatles, Star Wars, or M*A*S*H) out of my life when I was younger.

ANYWAY, The A's are up 6-4 in the bottom of the 8th. Maybe MY prayers have been answered...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By colt45allstar on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 09:51 pm:

I'm not religious anyway.

Tend to alternate between being Agnostic and Atheist.

I found your post funny for what it's worth, though I guess it could offend a Christian.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktowngreen on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 10:06 pm:

oaklandfasho...God has a sense of humor...thats why he gave us one.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.