Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Byrnes and Zito.......

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Byrnes and Zito.......
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chavvy03 on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 12:02 am:

are on this Tuesday nights episode of Teammates on ESPN. I think it is on at 7:30pm EST. I saw a preview of Byrnes describing Zito's hips as "feminine, child-bearing hips." Should be pretty funny...so tune in if you can.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 09:33 am:

Did anyone see it? Reviews?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sparky on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 10:27 pm:

I saw it.

They won! Despite Byrnes attempts to change Z's answers they won with no time to spare. Byrnes pleading with Zito to go with his answer only once was funny, of course Barry's answers were correct.

The only depressing moment was hearing that Byrnes' favorite TV show was Fox News.

Other than the A's being on it one time, teammates is incredibly boring and the format is sparse. They count on witty banter between the players, but the chemistry isn't always there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chrishorvath on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 11:20 pm:

post deleted by mod

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 04:52 am:

Consider this. Some users have already been warned about this. Not only their posts but their logon will be deleted if they insist on steering conversations towards a political discussion.

No further explanations will be given on this matter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cal_90 on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 09:01 am:

The only reason to watch this particular episode was to see our boys. The body language was sort of funny. Barry sits with both arms draped over the back of the bench, and Byrnes was hunched over with a definite lean away from Zito.

But there were some funny moments. Byrnes when asked to predict what Zito would say is the part of his body that doesn't fit in with the rest said it was Z's hips. His woman, child-bearing hips. His very curvy hips. When asked what artist is always playing on Z's IPod or CD player, Byrnes said John Mayer, and that it tied in with the hips because Z's body is a wonderland. That last was a bad joke. Anyway, he got both of those predictions right.

When Zito was asked to predict what name it is that Eric hates to be called, his answer was T.A.B. (tired ass Byrnes). Eric's answer was Spicoli.

Eric Chavez and Zito both agree that Byrnes would be the first to be voted off the island on Survivor.

I gained a minor insight or two, but the show is definitely not otherwise worth watching.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 09:24 am:

Did Byrnes not look HUGE on this show compared to how you see him on the field? I only saw the previews, but I thought his arms looked balco-esque.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bigthree17 on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 09:34 am:

Baseball players always look way bigger in real life than they do in their ultra-baggy uniforms. There's a pic of Johnny Damon in this month's Stuff or FHM and he is ripped, while on the field he looks pretty puny next to Manny and Big Papi.

That said, Byrnes is about twice the size now than he was when I went to school with him at UCLA. But that was a long time ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 09:45 am:

Thank you Lil, I bit my tounge on this one.

Kevin,

You are hard to figure out, your suspicious of current and former athletics for their alleged (In some cases actual.) roids but yet in another thread your willing to give Baroids buddy a pass saying you think he did not roid! Now if you can't see that Shef is as yoked if not more than Byrnes your blind! I was watching some ESPN program a couple of seasons ago and saw a locker room shot with Shef wearing no shirt......lets just say it looked like the man been eating his Wheaties.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By gregorymark on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 11:45 am:

(post deleted by mod)

greg, my post was meant to be a warning for both sides of the coin...there was no need for your response which just
insites another response and that's how the s!@#$ begins.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 11:54 am:

Washfan, I'm not giving Sheff a pass. He may or may not have used them, I'm just not 100% convinced. Where's his surge in production? Where's his head growth? Also, I don't remember Sheff coming into the league as a scrawny kid and then blowing up. His muscle growth seemed more gradual. But none of that means he's innocent, just makes me unsure.

I am mainly suspicious of Byrnes because I know guys that played HS baseball with him in Mtn View and they say that he used roids to get to the majors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 12:25 pm:

sheesh, can people just lay off the politics for once.
(stuff deleted)

personally i don't come here to talk politics but baseball, and i don't care about what your views are or anyone elses are, but seriously you don't have to offend people. (stuff deleted)

(note from mod: thanks for your help RFF but we all know how one thing leads to another and some of the stuff you said was inflamatory and sure to get a rise out of somebody so I had to deleted it too...I'm really getting tired of playing the den mom here...)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chrishorvath on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 01:11 pm:

how come Sparky got off clean?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 01:30 pm:

lil, maybe you should post the "rules" of the board aghain so everyone knows what they are, then, when they don't want to play nice you can give them a warning. 3 strikes and yer out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 01:51 pm:

RFF, most of the folks, i.e. chris and you, have been on this board a very long time and are tired of knowing what the "rules" are...
you are all out of strikes and the warning has been given so the next post from any of you guys acting like immature brats will be it for the users.

Unfornately I will have to close this thread since it is now going in the wrong direction.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.