Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Gammons on the A's plight

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Gammons on the A's plight
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 04:45 pm:

Oakland: While third baseman Eric Chavez struggles along, the A's have lost two of their best young players, shortstop Bobby Crosby and right fielder Nick Swisher. Now, pitchers Rich Harden, Kiko Calero and Dan Meyer (who overdid it with a tubing exercise, got a tired arm, never showed his normal velocity in spring training and is now resting to try to get restored) are hurt. There will be no blame placed on manager Ken Macha.

"We just are having one of those years," says GM Billy Beane. There is little Beane can do except wait and see if there are suitors for Octavio Dotel, Scott Hatteberg or the Crash Test Dummy, Eric Byrnes. (Forget Mark Kotsay, who can opt for free agency at the end of the year, because Beane wants to sign him to an extension.)

And, no, the A's have no interest in bringing back Jason Giambi. Beane wants to get infielder Dan Johnson, last year's Pacific Coast League MVP, up to the majors and into the club's lineup.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/gammons/story?id=2061052

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jenmed on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 04:46 pm:

Crash Test Dummy! LOL!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakchick on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 06:40 pm:

I wonder what baseball fans who do not follow American League baseball think when they read that. Crach Test Dummy indeed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 09:46 pm:

It's kind of funny, but I'm more insulted for Byrnes' sake. Gammons is such a turkey.

What I liked to hear is that BB wants to sign Kotsay to an extension!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktowngreen on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 10:01 pm:

How did Gammons get his face on the $20 bill???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chavvy03 on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 01:32 am:

I am ALL FOR the Kotsay extension.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 05:07 am:

I'm confused. When the A's traded for Kotsay didn't they have to pick up his 2006 option? Maybe Gammons forgot? I've been under the impression that Kotsay is locked through next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyshero on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 09:33 am:

Who Dat?

http://survivinggrady.com/gammons.jpg

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.