Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

We win!

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: We win!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By colt45allstar on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 09:52 pm:

It's a miracle!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 09:57 pm:

Al Michaels really should have been there to make the call.

Thank god they won't go into SBC with a double digit losing streak.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakchick on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 10:19 pm:

Dotel gave us a few hairy moments as usual, but hey...a win is a win.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By scottfromoz on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 10:24 pm:

I had forgotten what its like.
Can you imagine if we could string two in a row, it would be like winning the World Series.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 10:28 pm:

The A's the past 5 games have averaged 5 runs a game so hopefully the offense is picking it up. Though the pitching staff has been a rut giving on average 8 runs a game during that 5 game span.

If the A's offense can pick it up and the pitching can pitch like they did for most of the season not excluding the last two series, then the season maybe won't be as bad as is expected.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ssblip on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 10:36 pm:

If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If If

And that's why they play the game. Go A'S!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jenmed on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 10:44 pm:

I'd like to hear from anyone who was at the game tonight . . . what was the proportion of A's fans to Sox fans? AP story says "well more than half" were wearing red and rooting for the Sox . . . grrrrr.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=250516111

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakland_j on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 11:46 pm:

I'd say it was probably 60-40 A's fans to Sox fans, but they are a very vocal minority.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 11:55 pm:

i just got back well i sat in sec 109 and i say the whole park 60-40 but it sounded 60 -40 sox A's fans were not as vocal , from dugout on 1st base side 80-20 sox fans .

thank god for the sox fans or would have been 10 k there.

god i hate moneyball station to station, no hit n run got us into a double play tonight.

why is Thomas in the majors ? this guy could barley play for sacto, thnx beane for stuffin this guy down our throats to prove you right you (deleted by mod due to vulgarity)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 05:06 am:

sacto, shut up. No one should have any dellusions about a season turn around over one win but only you could come in here and spit venom after they win a game. You were probably wearing red last night from the sounds of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 07:33 am:

yc get your ass out of the closet you live in and bath yourslef cause your stench is killen us.

hey meet me in front of the collosieum if you think you can get me to shut up punk!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 08:19 am:

little testy this morning, and after a rare win.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 08:29 am:

sacto, chill out. We won, Chavez went 3 for 4, Dotel didn't blow it, life is good for a day in Oakland A's land.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 08:31 am:

c'mon guys...pretty soon the forum roaming police will come in here to wash your mouthes with soap and then post a link to a better site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 09:10 am:

i am cool just made a couple of observations and punk boy tells me to shut up, who doesn't think thomas is out of his league ? the guy is hitten.125 how many minors get to stay up here hitten that? only players whom have to stay to prove Beane is right, its amazing how far he will go for a guy he traded for and his name is at stake but other talented guys get no quarter if they do not hit they are gone in NY minute.

beane just can't stomach the fact he got PUNKED by Atlanta.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyshero on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 09:17 am:

Where is she this morning anyway, out thinking up some hypotheticals to throw our way?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By snax on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 09:40 am:

I vote to ban sactodavey. That was a good win and he should at least have praise for *some* of our guys. How about Kotsay and the new guy?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pachyderm on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 09:52 am:

We don't need to ban Sacto, we need Vinnie give him an old school pounding. The A's beating the defending champions is great win. Good job Kots and Wats. Even Boston loves "Moneyball".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakchick on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 10:04 am:

What is a "hitten"? Is it a bit like "killen" but with a "h"? There is a "g" key on your keyboard, Sacto. But I guess you already know that because you are always going on about that guy Gullen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 10:06 am:

sacto you always crack me up man. hey do you really live in sac? i am in davis, dontcha hate how they shaft us on no tv for the kicu channel 35 broadcasts? hey man let me know if you ever wanna hit up a rivercats game and take a look at dan johnson since beane won't bring him up this year it seems. i think hatty must have some bad pictures of beane.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 11:56 am:

"Kots and Wats" -- very good!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 07:44 pm:

Sacto has his view of Beane, and he will voice
it over, and over. That is not a reason to ban
him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bigthree17 on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 01:20 am:

No, but his consistently incoherent, incomprehensible and illiterate posts are.

But he is good for a few laughs here and there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 03:38 am:

yeah well, we don't ban people here because of grammar or spelling. However we have banned people here due to their personal attacks and other ill spirited behavior even if/when they showed perfect syntax and "book" writing skills...well, not really books but travelling brochres I guess...

so please let people voice their opinions and please try to curb your emotions enough to avoid using inflamatory words and vulgarity when expressing your frustrations.

there's been a lot of use of the word p*** and f*** which is perfectly understandable when used in conversation and on chat room but not here where the forum net police keeps looking for things to put down an entire group of people.

please respect and treat others as you would like to be treated and we'll all get along.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakchick on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 10:35 am:

Sacto is constantly accusing people of being on crack. Isn't that libel?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 12:23 pm:

hmmmm...libel per se or libel per quod?

I think those statements he makes are neither...

they're just insults and epithets, not nice but not libel in my view of things.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jeffreyb on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 01:26 pm:

"I'm a PhD, and I've written 9 books."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 01:39 pm:

A's kicking some ass today!

Up 9-1. Finally the bats are looking like they're coming back alive!

Chavez hit another hr today. Has 4 RBIs!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By gregorymark on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 01:43 pm:

Chavez hit another hr today. Has 4 RBIs!

...thereby setting off alarm bells in fantasy leagues throughout the country.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 02:07 pm:

nice to see some offense today! So much for Wells and his big return! Seth Etherton seems good too... hope we can keep him up for a while and see what he can do!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jenmed on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 02:38 pm:

Holy Guacamole! 18 hits so far! Byrnes, Ellis, Kendall and Hatteberg on FIRE. That's what I'm talkin' bout!

Oh, how close we were to a sweep.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bfriend on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 02:54 pm:

AND so close to having 5 out of 6 from the Sox. Damn...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 07:37 pm:

Let's just be happy we took the series-I'm VERY pleased we took 2 out of three!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 08:04 pm:

There are hundreds of games in MLB that the
losing team was close to winning. But they
are still losses. The A's will also win some
games that the opposing team could have won.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.