Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

STEVE SPARKS!!!!!

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: STEVE SPARKS!!!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By linusalf on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 12:24 am:

The A's signed knucklebaler STEVE SPARKS!!!!!!!!!!!

SWEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!

linusalf = stoked

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 06:11 am:

he's minor league fodder - just so you know.
And he got blasted in his first start.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By raiderjohn on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 08:11 am:

Yea, I heard, actually read that Sac was taking a beating, I think injury wise. Now with Harden down and Etherton up, need to reload. Did we just buy Ryan Glynn from Toronto too?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 08:30 am:

Sparks is good for a couple of months in the majors. Then everyone realizes that his knuckleball is hittable, at which time his era blows up and he gets sent back down. Happens just about every year with some team.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyshero on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 09:22 am:

He saved our bacon in Boston two years ago, if the soon-to-be-traitor Foulke didn't give up the game.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakchick on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 10:17 am:

BB seems to love Sparky Boy. I like him, although he's a little streaky compared to Wakefield. I am fascinated with knuckleballers, as you know. I have tried throwing knuckleballs a couple of times, with no sucess whatsoever.

Sparky's got 2 types of knucklers, and his slow knuckler (50+ mph) is better than the faster one(70+ mph), but he seems to throw the faster one when he's in a jam, and that's when he gets lit up.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.