Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

We were close to winning, but...

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: We were close to winning, but...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 09:15 am:

Zito walked too many, Cruz put the nails in the coffin. I noticed when they called Rincon in, alot of A's fans groaned, and Red Sox fans laughed. He wasn't the one that blew it, though!
So obvious there were Red Sox fans "for the night." I can't tell you how many people I saw buying Red Sox caps. Giant fans in disguise?
One of the few bright spots, Chavez may be coming around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 09:16 am:

Lil calls them "cross dressers"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 09:24 am:

HA-love it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 12:34 pm:

You better believe it. Those same cross dressers (thanks for the credit washfan) that had on the red hats were wearing the ny yanks caps the week before...and they'll switch to their halloween caps this coming weekend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 12:49 pm:

yes i saw them walking around in Giants uniforms on sat and Monday then wondered what they were doin there then saw their wives or gf were wearin Yankee or Red Sox caps so i got it .

if it looks like a monkey and smells like a monkey it must be a...??????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 12:51 pm:

I don't know how many cross-dressers there were, but there is a LOT of bad parenting going on -- mommas letting their kids grow up to be Sux fans.

You cannot tell me that all of those people have Boston connections. They're either front-runners or gnats fans.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jenmed on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 02:49 pm:

On a positive note, I feel duty bound to note that I was sitting in enemy territory last night and the Red Sox fans were very well behaved. They cheered for their players but we respectful about it, and didn't gloat when our guys were struggling. I was spoiling for a fight, but alas, there was none! :-) Seriously, though, I was pleasantly surprised.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.