Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Glenn Dickey: A's Demise No Surpise

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Glenn Dickey: A's Demise No Surpise
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 10:00 am:

http://www.glenndickey.com/_gd.php?page=current

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 10:47 am:

Dickey has the answer to the Hatteberg contract question:

"Hatteberg has a year left on his contract. (Thereís a club option for another year, but itís unlikely that will be exercised.)"

Knowing that GD is frequently a mouthpiece for BB, it discouraging (but not surprising) to note that he apparently still doesn't think Byrnes is a keeper.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By gregorymark on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 01:08 pm:

His comment bears repeating:

"In 1997, the Aís finished 65-97. Two years later, they won their division with a 91-71 record and went on to win 102, 103, 96 and 91 games the next four seasons. Their 483 regular season wins are second only to the Yankees in the American League for that period.

"With three times the payroll the Yankees only won four more games? Itís the Yankees who should be embarrassed, not the Aís."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 04:41 pm:

It is also Glenn Dickey who should feel embarrassed to run a such a campaign against Howe who took a team with little experience and raw talent and brought it along to win 483 games. Sucking up to Beane and giving him all the credit is one thing...but to refuse to give credit where credit is due because of a personal vendetta is shameful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By naomi on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 06:09 pm:

"With three times the payroll the Yankees only won four more games? Itís the Yankees who should be embarrassed, not the Aís."

great post gregorymark!!!

"It is also Glenn Dickey who should feel embarrassed to run a such a campaign against Howe who took a team with little experience and raw talent and brought it along to win 483 games. Sucking up to Beane and giving him all the credit is one thing...but to refuse to give credit where credit is due because of a personal vendetta is shameful.

now who was calling ME angry and insulting???

the pot calling the kettle a door nob.

imoan
athleticsnation.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chavvy03 on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 06:28 pm:

Naomi -
No offense, but why do you still come here if you don't like the people who post here? I'm just asking because I saw a post of yours a week or two ago that insulted the posts on here...and then invited everyone over to athleticsnation.com. But you've been returning quite frequently....usually to pick a fight with lil. Once again...no offense....just asking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By naomi on Friday, May 20, 2005 - 11:30 pm:

No offense taken chavvy. But thank you for asking. Yes, sometimes I post and take issue with some of the posts here...but I do enjoy reading some posters on the OAFC. Many of the posts here are enlightend and it is obvious there is very good baseball knowledge here.

I take issue with those who cannot see beyond their love for the A's. I know, I know this is a site for those who love the A's...that is why I come back and read and post. I love the A's too and have for 30+ years.

I find it quite funny that I have been labeled angry. Have you read some of the regular die hard posters here? Or any fan site for that matter....people who post on sites like this (myself included) are often a little angry and a maybe frustrated former athletes who need a place to blow some steam. I know I do that here and so do many many others. Really, read some of the comments about Dotel or Kielty or Macha and tell me the posters don't SEEM angry. But because they are friendly with the OAFC board president or have had a beer or two at a game with a few of them, there is no response. It is funny to me. And I think way too much energy has been spent on responding to angry Naomi. You don't know me at all and cannot by any means get to know me or anyone for that matter by reading black letters on a white screen. So do not pretend to KNOW what I am about. I am OK folks and really do not lay awake wishing that my "friends" at the OAFC liked me. So there is no need to tell me to go away or shut up or get some therapy, I'm OK. You should be too.

All said, I do enjoy reading a number of sites about the A's. My bad for being a jerk and mentioning the OTHER site. Once again just having a little fun. But it hits a nerve so no more of that.

One more remark about my feelings for Jason Giambi. The guy gave us some GREAT memories...and when he left I was angry too!! Especially at his silly (letterman written by the way) rip against the city of Oakland.
He was comparing Oakland and New York!!! Was he that far off folks?? OK no hate mail cuz I was born here too....but come on!! It was a TOP TEN LIST on David Letterman and you would have thought the guy made fun of 9-11 or something!! It has now been 4 years and the guy has come clean and has been NOTHING but a class act when he comes back to Oakland (signing all kinds of autographs and speaking very highly of his time here). Let it go. He left. YOU WOULD HAVE TOO FOR THAT MUCH MONEY---And if you say you would not, well that is why you are posting on a fan website, you never made it (either did I) Hope what you wish, but give me the freedom to hope that he does well, is that not my right??

Wow, I feel much better--how much do I owe ya?

night now
naomi m.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Saturday, May 21, 2005 - 12:06 am:

Maybe and that's a BIG maybe I would have chased the big $$$ but you just don't verbally urinate on the fans that gave you their HEART. Did Thome do any such non-sense when he left Cleveland or Miggy?

It's like breaking up with your girl next door fiancee for a trophy wife and then jokingly say in front of your ex, her family & friends that you think she is an ugly pig and are happy you don't have to hit that anymore and THEN act shocked to be publicly scorned by her, her family and friends when ever they encounter you because hey you were only joking! Meanwhile the trophy is looking to dump you because you just don't produce like you used to. Jason made his bed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Saturday, May 21, 2005 - 06:08 am:

sigh...for the record

the oafc has no president to drink beer with...

it does have two co-chair and four board members.

this forum has two and at times three

moderatorshttp://www.oaklandfans.com/contactus.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Saturday, May 21, 2005 - 06:16 am:

but if somebody out there would like to buy me a beer or two...you'll have to travel a bit but I like a pilsen low fermentation type and very very cold...a warning goes before you spend your hard earned money: I'm not pres of the oafc and i'm not even a co-chair of the oafc so it really won't do any good

PS: IN MY OPINION, Jason Giambi not only disrespected Oakland but he made a mockery of the A's baseball legacy when he chose to cheat his way into stardom for personal gain.

Jason is a liar, cheated and got caught. I will boo him everytime I get a chance, just as I will boo Jose Canseco and Mark McGwire ahd all the other cheaters in baseball.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jenmed on Saturday, May 21, 2005 - 11:41 am:

Darn, I wish I was a beer drinker so someone could sway my feelings about things. *Sigh.*

Naomi, you are beyond disingenuous when you label your lobbying for athleticsnation as "mentioning" another site for the A's. Nearly every time it has come up, it has been while insulting the OAFC board and trying to persuade others to use it as an alternative.

We all mention other sites we think would be interesting to other posters/members of the OAFC. And Athleticsnation has been mentioned numerous times prior to your drop-ins. We have great respect for Blez's work, particularly his terrific and insightful interviews.

I could care less how angry your posts are . . . you're right, diehard fans express anger when things aren't going well. However, I'd appreciate if you would not impugn the character of the people on this board who have worked hard on behalf of their team. And before you accuse me of over-reacting, I'm sorry, but saying that we base our opinions/decisions on whether or not we are "buddies" with someone is clearly impugning our character.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By naomi on Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 10:05 pm:

wow, two forms of the word "impugn" in one paragraph. nice work. what, did you hear ralph barbereri use that word this week or something?

I think it is good form for you to defend your internet friends. keep it up.

by the way, posting to a web site that supports a baseball team is not "hard work".

sorry, was that impugning?

Hey Lil, time to archive this one I think....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By naomi on Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 10:07 pm:

PS: Go Giambi!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rickeytonydwayn on Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 11:16 pm:

Snore, sigh, boring. Sacto for Prez.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Monday, May 23, 2005 - 04:10 am:

No need to archive your posts Naomi. I much rather let you continue to make a fool of yourself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyshero on Monday, May 23, 2005 - 05:09 pm:

Moani, I'm having a hard time deciding whether to embrace your ideas or impugn your integrity.

Can you post some pictures of yourself?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 11:26 am:

Anybody got a beer for me?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.