Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

UH...WOW!!!

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: UH...WOW!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktowngreen on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 02:53 pm:

Where did this come from!!!??? OFFENSE GALORE!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 02:56 pm:

Thank you DAVID WELLS!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jenmed on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 02:57 pm:

I'm going to be the Sactodavey (TM) voice of gloom.

Hope we're not scoring all our runs for the next 5 games!!! How often does that happen???!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By gregorymark on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 03:08 pm:

Or, "We would have scored more if we had Jose Guillen!!!!"

Nice attempt, jen, but not enough typos.

(Love ya, Sacto! ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 03:09 pm:

Actually the offense has been very good since the back to back shutouts at NYC last May 7th/8th.

5/9:loss 13-5
5/10:loss 3-2
5/11:loss 6-5
5/12:Loss 9-4
5/14:loss 15-6
5/15:loss 6-4
5/16:won 6-4
5/17:loss 7-5

5/18:winning 13-2.

Last 9 games, the A's are scoring on average 5+ runs a game, 52 runs to be exact.

The offense is picking up, hopefully the pitching will improve.

The schedule gets a little easier the next few weeks with series against SF, TB and Tor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By gregorymark on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 03:10 pm:

Ah, didn't TB kick our rears?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jenmed on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 03:19 pm:

Ah, I was just following the Sacto method of finding the dark cloud in the silver lining. I wouldn't dream of mocking the typos.

And yes, I'm scared too when we start talking about teams that will be "easier." TB did win the series earlier in the year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 03:19 pm:

Just saying that we've faced 3 very good teams the past few weeks in Tex, NYY, and Bos.

Yeah, we got beat in both series against TB and Tor early in the season but hopefully the offensive surge the past week continues. Though I'm a little worried about the pitching the past week but the pitching except for a couple of bad games against the Yanks and BoSox have pitched decent.

I think the pitchers knowing the offense was still not doing well, but statiscally they are doing better, had more pressure on them. Now with the offense better, the pitching should improve I think and Etharton pitched great today even though the box score shows he gave up 4 ERs in 7 1/3 IP>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 03:46 pm:

All I can say is we scored some runs off that fat old man david wells anyone that thinks this is an acomplishmint is smoking some of that crackojuana!!!!!!!!! this team can't score off anyone and sure it takes a guy that should be drinking beers on a golf course and using a walker to get his fatass around to pad our stats and go ahead chavy thinking your year is back on trak just because of 1 or 2 days of hitting the ball against some weakass pitching and i'm sure you bean fans are getting your jollys from harikari almost blowing up and givinng us a big L with that performance!!!!!!!!!!!! bean should get on the red sox team bus and follow them back to boston and take that gm job and save us all from his giant ego maybe he can win in the post season there and prove his genius, you people don't get it its all about winning it all baby not just the divisions this team sucks ASS have fun enjoy your victory!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakchick on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 03:56 pm:

This game should give the offense a boost in confidence. Time to send D.Wells a year's supply of White Castle burgers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By snax on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 04:13 pm:

kevink gets the sactodavey impersonation prize. or is this attack of the clones? (sorry for the star wars reference but the hype has gotten to me :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By gregorymark on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 04:37 pm:

snax, was it the typos, the huge run-on sentence, of the liberal use of exclamation points?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ssblip on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 05:05 pm:

did you say "liberal"!?! that's it! enough with the politics on this board!!! ;-)

i'm obviously slacking from work. time to go fix myself a dang kay-sa-dill-a.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 06:40 pm:

Kevin K doing a fine impersonation.

It was obvious Wells had zip, but the A's hitters
needed a confidence boost, and got it courtesy
of the plump one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 07:31 pm:

Nice to see us do a win-pitching wasn't fancy, but effective!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 08:39 pm:

While the hitting is coming around, the pitching
Ugh.
The A's were #2 in the AL in April with a 3.65 ERA.
But in May, ughhhh dead last in the AL with a
6.08 ERA.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=pitching&group=7&seasonType=2&type=type1&sort=ERA&split=41&season=2005

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 08:42 pm:

I just read Seth Etherson's wife is scheduled to deliver their first child tomorrow!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 10:24 pm:

Much props to Seth for his fine effort.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 09:59 am:

I think he was mentally ready to prove he did not belong at AAA. He seemed pretty pissed about it at the season's start. I'd like to see a repeat performance up to the point at which he only had two runs on him.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.