Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Revenge of The Seth

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Revenge of The Seth
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 12:20 pm:

What a great headline in today's Chron!

hope Seth sticks around for a bit. Saarloss's days might be numbered!

and oh yes... BYRNESEY BABY is on a tear!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bigthree17 on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 05:24 pm:

RFF, I think you're a good dude, and I like Byrnes as much as the next guy, but you have to stop making it sound like he is the next Willie Mays. He did well to get four hits yesterday, but he also let a routine (very routine) base hit bounce off his chest and get away from him. If Varitek runs any faster than a turtle he's on second and that's another error. Not to mention the horrific misplay on Tuesday night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 05:37 pm:

true true

but you know i am just exdcited to see byrnes and chavez start hitting a bit more. we all know they are capable of so much more. i just want to rally you guys up! i do love byrnesey and i have to give him my all this year since i am convinced he won't be here next year, which is too bad. i just wish he was a bit more consistent - but we are a team full of streaky players (kotsay exempted, that guy kicks ass most all the time)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ssblip on Friday, May 20, 2005 - 11:55 am:

i'm a huge defender of byrnes, but in the last few weeks, he alone has cost us games with his miscues in the field.

(not that the rest of the team hasn't produced its own errors, it's just that eric seems more capable of it than others. or perhaps that's just my perception, but hey, perception's more important than reality anyway.)

i'm starting to see eric as a liability, and as i mentioned a few weeks ago i don't know if we can handle a risk like eric should we make it to the playoffs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cal_90 on Friday, May 20, 2005 - 12:09 pm:

Which games? Tuesday his error resulted in a score of 7-5 rather than 6-5, so you can't mean that one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By fansince68 on Friday, May 20, 2005 - 01:54 pm:

rayfossefan. Why would you be excited about Saarloos days being numbered? His last three outings have probably been better that anyone else we have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kkdaz on Friday, May 20, 2005 - 02:47 pm:

Yeah, he has the second best ERA of the 5 starters, the second lowest number of earned runs, he has only given up one homerun in 40 plus innings, and he fields his position better than most of the pitchers on the team. We're lucky to have him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Friday, May 20, 2005 - 06:08 pm:

Maybe we can have duall 5th starters one guy pitches 4 2/3 the other 4 1/3...wait, we already have that in Yabu.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Friday, May 20, 2005 - 07:11 pm:

ok you guys are right about saarloss.

anyway saw the movie today, really great flick!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Saturday, May 21, 2005 - 12:09 am:

What movie?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By snax on Saturday, May 21, 2005 - 12:16 pm:

Revenge of the Sith! Yeah, good flick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Saturday, May 21, 2005 - 03:15 pm:

washfan... revenge of the seth.... the title of this thread... revenge of the sith! have you been living in a cave? (with internet)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.