Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Let the Byrnes' rumors resume...

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Let the Byrnes' rumors resume...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 11:58 am:

Just as I expected:

Kietly starts getting hot, Byrnes is now on the block (supposedly). His saying Macha can kiss his ass (in so many words) didn't help either, even though, he was right to say it.

http://www.timesonline.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=14572489&BRD=2305&PAG=461&dept_id=478568&rfi=6

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cal_90 on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 12:33 pm:

Pittsburg is the supposed destination again.

Can't we trade Kielty instead. Byrnes used to carry the club when he got hot. Kielty may be hitting well, but the team still struggles. I think the red hair is a curse on the team.

Not that I have a favorite player or a bias. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 12:47 pm:

Yep, the Byrnes trade rumors will heat up again,
with Swisher coming off the DL, and Kielty on fire. Hundreds of posts about a possible trading
of Byrnes are expected.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By beaneball on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 03:26 pm:

Now is the best time to trade Kielty, not Byrnes. Kielty is on a lucky streak right now, we have seen what he is capable of and this isn't going to last. He is playing over his head right now, he is still a liability in the outfield, once he comes back down to earth he is going to suck again. Say what you want about Byrnes but at least we know what we have with him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 03:35 pm:

The only thing I will contribute to the trade or
not trade Byrnes is this.
Money is always a consideration with this franchise. Byrnes makes 3 times the money Kielty
makes, and Byrnes will again be arbitration eligible. If the offers are the same for either
player, the A's will trade Byrnes due to the $$
factor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 03:47 pm:

Like I said before send Byrnes and Dan Johnson across the Bay for Niekro. I wish Beane loved Byrnes but he does not and I do think Byrnes pushed the envelope on purpose with Macha to get himself traded. Byrnes is intelligent and a class act. He is probably sick of the disrespect he receives from the A's brass, plus his pay will jump form 2.25 mil to 2.5 if traded.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 03:53 pm:

Not sure Niekro fits into the Beane criteria.
He usually swings early in the count, and seldom
walks. OBP is only .291
He is the anti Hatteberg, which is why I see a few
posters wanting him for the A's.

"http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=7234"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By colt45allstar on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 04:34 pm:

Would much rather keep Kielty over Byrnes.

While I don't think he's as good as he's looked of late, I do think when push comes to shove he's a better overall player than Byrnes.

Byrnes plays hard and it makes up for his lack of talent alot of the times, but playing hard will only get you so far.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 10:18 pm:

I'd like to see the A's pick up Niekro also. And though you may be correct Rocket, don't worry, if the A's acquired the young slugger, they would quickly ingrain him in their philosophy so that he would begin each at bat in the hole 0 and 1. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 11:33 pm:

Johnny Damon said he never could get untracked in the system was never agressive.

look at his stats now.

Brynes is way more valuable then keilty lets get rid of Keilty while he is hot and we can get something for him.

i think we get rid of Zito for niekro and throw in Brynes for Ellison so you give 2 vets who could get reved up at sbc for to promising young guys, i bet the Gnats would do that trade.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chavvy03 on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 01:07 am:

They might do Zito and Byrnes for Neikro. But I think it'll be hard to pry him from the Gnats.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cal_90 on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 08:28 am:

Well, it's the Cubs that are looking at our Byrnsie now.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/baseball/mlb/oakland_athletics/11732656.htm

I wonder what they're offering in exchange.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 09:09 am:

Probably not enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 10:28 am:

well the whole prob again is the mother f beane, Hitler himself keeps having Thomas on the bench its like having only 24 man roster then he will say "we have to many outfielders have to trade brynes" who is dynamite when he gets goin, while we got shit boy sitten on bench who is NOT big league material.

man are we a sinkin ship, someone gave beane to much power and he is killen us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chris_d on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 11:45 am:

Sacto, you're free to dislike Beane and you're free to repeat that message ad nauseum. But please don't compare him to the murderous dictator you referred to. You may be 'just kidding,' but that first sentence ("mother f beane, Hitler...") in that last post was surely offensive to some, perhaps many. Obsess and rant all you want. Just please show some restraint while you're doing it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 12:32 pm:

i am refering him to being a dictator who is a control freak who micro manages the manager and has absolute power and no one to tell him no or won't tell him no, kinda like hitler or types like him, not being compared to hitlers murderous side just dictator side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 12:33 pm:

sactodavey maybe you should use the name "Lumberg" instead.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chris_d on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 12:54 pm:

Nice, RFF. I loved that movie. "Office Space", right?

"That would be greaaaaaaaat."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 01:24 pm:

No one and nothing in the sports context deserves to be compared to Hitler in any way, shape or form. Sacto, get a clue!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 01:47 pm:

chris:

"Ummmmm, yeah. Why don't you go ahead and take care of that for me, will ya?"

It's not even funny how many bosses I've had like Lumberg.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 02:37 pm:

ok joseph stalin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 03:03 pm:

Okay NOW can we ban him?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 03:19 pm:

YC go light some candles next to the shrine you got of beany boy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 03:22 pm:

Shouldn't you be doing the same for GONSALVES and GULLEN?

And I ask for your banning because you are continuing to drag this board further down. The Hitler reference I believe should be banable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 03:26 pm:

sacto, please...

I know some people here encourage your rants trying to break the monotony of a losing season. Please stop this nonsense because it is offensive and not funny at all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 03:29 pm:

ok lil i will, hey yc how did you know i had shrines for those guys?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 03:57 pm:

The Hitler line was not good, but Sacto's passion
brings fire to the board, and I would miss
his posts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 04:09 pm:

Well, I know some critics will say that sacto has bought the moderator some beer and is getting away with things others are not allowed.

I think sacto does get carried away with calling names and he should realize that yc is correct in saying that it does drag the entire board down to the name calling level which is not good nor fair to others who want to discuss baseball more seriously. Sacto needs to draw a line between ranting and offensive language or name calling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cal_90 on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 04:55 pm:

Back to the topic heading,

Can we please trade Byrnes tomorrow? I don't want my boy associated with a team playing like it is today.

Ouch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By beaneball on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 05:46 pm:

I think you guys are being way too hard on sacto. I mean come on, it's not like he forgot to file his TPS report or something.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.