Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

The Line-up upon Swish and Crosby's return

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: The Line-up upon Swish and Crosby's return
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sparky on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 12:09 pm:

What's your ideal lineup when these guys get back?

Me:

1. Kotsay CF
2. Byrnes LF
3. Chavez 3B
4. Kielty RF
5. Durazo DH
6. Crosby SS
7. Kendall C
8. Swisher 1B
9. Ellis/Ginter 2B

Well, maybe not that order, but that lineup, with Ellis getting most of the pt at 2nd.

Scutaro and Hatteberg would have to come off the bench obviously.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 12:17 pm:

vs. Right

Kotsay CF
Kendall C
Chavez 3B
Durazo DH
Swisher RF
Hatteberg 1B
Crosby SS
Kielty LF
Ellis 2B

vs. Left

Kotsay CF
Kendall C
Byrnes LF
Kielty RF
Chavez 3B
Crosby SS
Durazo DH
Ginter 2B
Swisher 1B

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bigthree17 on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 01:28 pm:

Scutaro is gone when Crosby comes back now that Ellis has demonstrated he can fill in well at SS if need be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 03:00 pm:

So you think Ginter will stay as the 2B and Ellis will be the back-up infielder? I hope not but that is what it's shaping up to be...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 03:18 pm:

I can see Byrnes getting traded sometime near the deadline and maybe a Hatteburg/Durazo too.

I don't know how you can take Kietly out of the lineup since he's been the best overall hitter the A's have had the past month even surpassing Kotsay.

Byrnes
Kendall
Kotsay
Chavez
Kietly
Durazo/Swisher
Hatteburg
Crosby
Ginter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 03:19 pm:

I still think you'll see Ginter in there against lefties. Actually I don't expect Scutaro to be gone, at least not immediately. When Crosby and Swisher are called up Clark and Thomas (he has to go down especially with Watson on the roster) will be going down. The decision on Scutaro, or maybe Watson, will be when Dotel is activated as remember the A's called up a position player in Clark to take his spot. Of course there could always be a trade before that decision has to be made.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bigthree17 on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 03:37 pm:

To answer your question, Lil, I believe it will depend on a variety of factors. If the A's offense improves sufficiently with the return of Crosby and Swisher, and Ellis maintains a solid BA and OBP, then I think Ellis is the primary 2B, and fills in at SS when Crosby needs a break, with Ginter getting some decent ABs. If the offense still needs help even when the injured guys return, then I expect Ginter will get more PT until/unless his glove puts him on the bench.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 04:03 pm:

I hope Bean's ego will let him send Thomas down to find his stroke. Scoot backing up in the outfield?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 04:30 pm:

well, there Watson too...

btw, I just realized the A's are playing and Watson in in LF and they're already up by 3 runs.

let's see what happens tonight in Florida

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 04:36 pm:

rbi by Chavez and a hr by Hatte. D'Rays may be
what is needed to get the offense going.
SP for Tampa has a 5.80 ERA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 04:45 pm:

But Etherton give 2 runs right back in the bottom
of the first, after striking out the first two
hitters. Geeze

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 04:48 pm:

Posters seem to like Ginter for some reason. He is hitting below the Mendoza line, but has some
pop. pop must be it, since his glove is cast iron.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 06:38 pm:

damn we just SUCK right now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 06:39 pm:

The reason why I pick Ginter is because he has more offensive potential then both Ellis and Scutaro. Sure his defense is a huge liability but hopefully he can work with Washington the next year or so and become a better defender at 2B.

I like Ellis and Scutaro but the way the offense is going for the A's, they need the best possible offensive option at each position and I think Ginter has more

Ellis:.286, 0 hrs, 8 runs, 7 RBIs.
Scutaro:.234, 1 hr, 16 runs, 10 RBIs.
Ginter:.167, 3 hrs, 6 runs, 16 RBIs.

Yes, Ginter has a poor average so far this season but his career average pretty much is the same as Ellis.

Ginter:.249
Ellis:.260
Scutaro:.257.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 06:53 pm:

This is going to be a L-O-N-G season...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 07:01 pm:

Geez, if we blow this 1st and 2nd with nobody out 9th inning, I'm going to throw something.

Chavez flied out! Though he did have 3 hits today so I can't get on him too hard even though he's left 2 runners in back to back at bats in the 7th and 9th.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 07:03 pm:

*ducks*

Considering they had their two base runners on errors, they didn't deserve the chance to win it there. Ugh another 4+ months of this crap.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.