Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Trade bait?

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Trade bait?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 03:18 pm:

There are better options, but Beane's friend Towers down in SD is gonna be looking for a 2b/MI now that Loretta is down for 8-10 weeks. We have Ginter, Scutaro and Ellis - I don't see the need for all of them. There could be a deal somewhere there...but what could we realistically get in return?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 03:20 pm:

Good looking out asch. The Padres options at second base are very thin after Loretta. I could see either Scutaro or Ginter being dealt there but for nothing more than a PTBNL.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 03:22 pm:

And that's what I thought - and that's why it makes no sense for us.

IF SD was smart, they'd go after Polanco - who is in need of a starting gig - and then Utley could play everyday.

I would think Ginter is worth more than any of the three - if nothing else but for the power potential.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 03:23 pm:

how bout a player who has arm problems or can't hit ML pitching.

those are the guys beane loves to get .

got any "potential: players there towers, here take our superstar vets we love to take risks on "unproven" so called talent.

again not to many Gm's can take a team and go from 91 wins to 91 losses in 1 season this buds for you Billy beane.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 03:27 pm:

not to be to negative but we did trade away 2 great pitchers and got nothin in return so in reality we got nothing of real value to trade now so what does anyone expect to get in return this time?

Beane may sit calmly on the outside to all of us but he knows he fucked up big time this winter and doesn't want alll to see his panicking while the new owners are to stupid to notice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 03:29 pm:

I'm going to agree with sacto. you all rail on him b/c he has a rough exterior...but bb really really is on my shitlist right now. this team falters badly ala the mid-90s and the a's are off to who knows where.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 04:26 pm:

Sorry but IMO you can't evaluate a trade after less than 50 games much less one particular season.

If you are going to blame Beane for this season, stands to reason you must credit him for the past five, NO?

The only panicking being done in Oaktown is by certain ...ahem.... A's fans. A's management certainly isn't panicking, if anything, some wonder if they are too non-reactive.

I'm more concerned with the amount of patience A's on-field management is showing with this team with respect to lineup adjustments.

And then there is the head shaking management of the pitching staff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 04:38 pm:

The trade may be good in the long run, but what has some posters up in arms is that in the short
run the team has sunk like it was hit with a torpedo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 05:20 pm:

Definitely no denying that the A's are stinking it up right now.

This game today may just be the final straw that A's fans have been waiting for, for management to do a major shakeup (in whatever form, trades/demotions, that takes).

I know its been stated by Beane that the A's are trying to limp along until Crosby/Swish/Harden etal return, but I've gotta believe that they now, after today, cannot afford to wait to make changes either with an eye towards next season (most likely) or to mount a current season comeback from the dead (less likely).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 06:20 pm:

agreed reno. Think macha's his-story. could be anyday now.

As much as i rail on chavvy, i'd wig out if we dealt him. he's a great player...just no miggy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 06:22 pm:

yes give bb credit for his scouting and deals leadin g up to 2003. He's a good gm. just not the genious that some make him out to be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 08:05 pm:

When BB said 2005 might be rough, I don't think he had this in mind (i.e., being embarrassed by the D'Rays).

He had damn well better do SOMETHING quick.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.