Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Dan Johnson on his way to Cleveland

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Dan Johnson on his way to Cleveland
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By threepeat on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 06:11 pm:

EIO is reporting that Johnson has been called up. Ruby headed for the DL. elephantsinoakland.blogspot.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 06:14 pm:

Hah! I just mentioned that rumor on the Macha thread. We heard earlier from above that was the rumor, but it was not being confirmed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 06:34 pm:

Well doesn't help that Durazo during his last 14 games is 11-55 with 0 hrs and 2 RBIs.

We're not gettin any production from him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 06:45 pm:

The EIO info on Johnson was reported a couple hours ago on fanhome. Still can't find any confirmation except that this guy is supposedly close to someone on the Sacto team .... Watson? But have no reason to disbelieve it. And if they decide not to DL Durazo, will they perhaps send Thomas down?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 10:06 pm:

Confirmed by Susan Slusser.

"The A's offensive difficulties will spell some changes. The A's will call up first baseman Dan Johnson who is hitting .324 with 41 RBIs with AAA Sacramento. Johnson was on a plane from Des Moines, Iowa to Cleveland Thursday nite, according to his agents."

That's all she said. No comment on whether Durazo has been DL'd or who will be going down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactofan on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 10:07 pm:

The article on the A's website about Durazo apparently hurting his arm with the throwing prep he did for his one game at 1B is absolutely pathetic. I hope he is sufficiently embarrassed. Who needs him!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 07:44 am:

Yeh, sacto, I thought the same thing about Durazo. Especially after Wash's comments about he could do the job defensively, but as soon as fielding practice comes into play, Durazo wants nothing to do with it. Shades of Canseco, I guess.

Also, I note that Susan Slusser scooped all Bay Area writers on Dan Johnson's call up. Not another one mentioned it. She talked to him via phone after his Cleveland arrival; needless to say, he is very excited to be here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 08:44 am:

Billy says it is all about injuries, so no shakeup
until he sees what the team does with the missing
players back playing.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/sports/baseball/mlb/oakland_athletics/11752210.htm?template=contentModules/printstory.jsp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By snax on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 09:07 am:

Is Johnson playing tonight with the A's? That'll give me a reason to actually watch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyshero on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 09:31 am:

Has Erubiel Pipp been placed on the DL yet?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 11:23 am:

In Slusser's article she says, Johnson "could be activated for tonite's game." So I guess, at least at the time there was a question mark. She also mentioned another alternative would be to go with 4 outfielders and send Thomas down.

I sure hope they didn't call Johnson up and then send him right back. Plus he should play every day. If Durazo is not DL'd, then he and Hatteberg should alternate playing with Johnson, so he can play everyday. Preferably at first base.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakland_j on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 01:30 pm:

Durazo placed on the 15-day DL.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pachyderm on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 01:31 pm:

Here is the offical press release from A's website:

http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20050527&content_id=1064723&vkey=pr_oak&fext=.jsp&c_id=oak

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 02:45 pm:

It is scary how the hitting woes of the Indians and A's mirror one another. only a 1 point difference in BA, exact same amount of runs, and
a 2 hit difference.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/gamecenter/preview/MLB_20050527_OAK@CLE

Translated, both offenses suck.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.