Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Johnson In

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Johnson In
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By threepeat on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 03:12 pm:

the line-up at 1B batting 8th- Hatteburg out .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 11:11 pm:

0-3 with 1 BB and 1 strikeout with 3 LOB.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 11:20 pm:

Even though he was 0fer he put the bat on the ball like Watson. Right now the baseball gods are torturing us becasue everytime we hit the ball it finds a waiting glove.

BTW we were this bad this far into the season in 02' and won the division so put that in your crack pipe & smoke it! :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 11:26 pm:

Well that team had Tejada, Ramon, Hudson, Mulder, and other players who were part of winning teams.

Hell, remember we were 8-18 in the beginning of the 2001 season and yet we finished up with one of the greatest second halves in MLB history while winning 102 games.

Though I agree with you, I'd rather have DJ hit the ball hard and gain some valuable experience then see Durazo do the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ronc on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 08:00 am:

They were 24-26 on 5/28/2002 which is quite a bit different from today's 17-30
"http://sports.espn.go.com/mlbhist/teams/schedule?team=oak&season=2002&seasonType=2&half=1"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 06:47 pm:

DJ's statline looks similar to yesterday's.

0-3, 1 BB, 1 strikeout, and 4 LOB.

I didn't expect him to produce right away but damn, we can't find anybody to produce.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 07:47 pm:

Well, I'll say one thing for him ... he has a good eye. And I like the fact that he is not afraid to swing when he sees it is a strike. And I thought his AB against Rhodes (where he walked) was terrific.

As pointed out earlier today ... by rocket, I believe ... it is unwise to move this youngster to DH where he undoubtedly sits on the bench btw. ABs and thinks about his last AB, rather than taking the field with the team. Not only that, then Hatteberg wouldn't have been able to take us out of the game with his D, which has totally regressed this season.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 12:01 am:

No longer the "Pickin Machine"! I agree Hatte & DJ should reverse roles. I like that DJ got a hard bat on the balls unfortunately the balls just found a waiting glove.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 11:16 pm:

1-13 now but he has walked in each of his 4 games started.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 01:02 pm:

Has also hit some long ones hard. Hopefully, they'll start falling in.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.