Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

$300,000 Man

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: $300,000 Man
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 07:30 pm:

Johnson, 0-3 and fails in the clutch! :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 08:27 pm:

Well, being the newbie on this team, he didn't want to show everybody else up by knocking in a run. Heck, he might have gotten fined for that. :)

I'm a little worried that Swisher is trying too hard to emulate Byrnes. I'm amazed he didn't reinjure that shoulder on that one play. In his final AB, at first I thought he slid headfirst into first, (hmmm, lot of "firsts" in there) but the replay showed he tripped over the pitcher's leg.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bigthree17 on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 08:43 pm:

It's so sad that the foul ball DJ hit in the 2nd inning was one of the best hit balls we've had all year. That should've been your A's Replay.

I was totally expecting Swisher to come up holding his wrist after that dive/slide into 1B.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 09:29 pm:

What a pitiful display.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chavvy03 on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 09:30 pm:

well, you can't place any blame on Johnson. It was his first game with the A's. He'll settle in and give us some production. I'm just really glad to see him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 09:06 am:

Macha says he will have Johnson in the middle of the lineup tonite. I know they are saying he will play some 1b and some DH while Durazo is out. I really think it is a mistake to move him off of 1b. Yes, Hattey's D has regressed, but I think by leaving DJ at first, it will be a lot easier for him than occasionally transitioning to DH. For a lot of players that move is not that easy. And, heck, except when they feel need to put Swisher at 1b, he's the best 1st baseman we've got, it seems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 09:21 am:

A young player should play the field, as you
do not want him sitting in the dugout thinking
about the last out he made as a hitter. To much
thinking during a game can work against a youngster, and the self induced pressure starts
to build. Let him play and let his talent take
over.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 11:05 am:

Johnson certainly is an imposing figure at the plate. I didn't know he was so big!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.