Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Who do you hate the most?

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Who do you hate the most?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By beaneball on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 09:32 pm:

Okay I know times are tough and we are supposed to stay positive and support the team no matter what. But who can blame us for being pissed off at these guys, let's vent a little bit. Here's my hate list:

1 Macha. He is in way over his head, always has been, but this year it's more noticeable. And it's not just recently, I have always hated him. At least since he pinch hit Melhuse for Jermaine Dye in game 5 of the 2003 playoffs.

2 Durazo. I don't understand why this guy doesn't get more criticism. I've beat it to death but all he seems to do is walk, strikeout feebly, or hit into a DP. He can't run or play any position defensively.

3 Kielty. I hate him even more now that he's on a hot streak. Why? Because now everyone has forgiven him for being a useless piece of s--t for the last year and a half and stupid ass Macha will put him in the lineup every damn day, in the cleanup spot no less.

4 Dotel. A glorified set-up man who doesn't have what it takes to close. He has blown more saves in his short time here than Eck did in his whole career. But still he celebrates and shows up the opponent every chance he gets.

5 Kendall. Even if he ever does come around with the bat, he so horrible defensively it could never make up for it. What is he now, 5 for 50 throwing out baserunners? That's shocking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 11:14 pm:

6. SactoD

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jeffreyb on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 08:41 am:

re Kielty, is there no room in your universe for a man who knows he sucked last year, spent the off season re-doing his mechanics, worked very hard at trying to turn things around, and now appears to have succeeded?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 09:13 am:

Not to bad for Sacto, now he is part of the team.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By snax on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 09:16 am:

I say if Kielty continues to produce, by all means leave him in. We need all the help we can get.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 11:06 am:

I don't think Kendall is even 5 for 50. No way he has thrown 5 runners out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 12:50 pm:

Lot of busting on Kendall for stolen bases, and
rightfully so. But a lot of blame should go the
the pitching staff as well. The are horrible at
holding runners close.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 12:57 pm:

And blame the manager and coaches for not taking control of the situation by calling pitch outs and hit and runs yadda...yadda...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 01:39 pm:

Lil,
Very true. The young pitchers need to be instructed on holding runners, slide step, change
in timing of going to the plate, etc.
The scouting report is out, and teams will continue to run on the A's, until they are shown
it will be a negative to attempt steals.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 05:20 pm:

Kendall's currently throwing out 10.6% of runners. Ramon is at 26.6%. Pudge is at 51%.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 06:14 pm:

Macha removes Saarloos, a groundball pitcher, with the bases full, no outs in favor of Cruz???

I continue to be mystified by this Manager's decision making.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactofan on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 07:19 pm:

My #1 hated: Chavvy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 07:42 pm:

Another major brain cramp by Macha tonite. Hatteberg at 1b and DJ DHing. Arrrrgh!!!

Thanks to Hatteberg we were taken out of the game entirely. I think this season he is using the GG Chavez used in his commercials last year.

Priceless: Hatteberg looking at his glove fully expecting to see that the webbing had come apart.

One positive. KUDOS to Rincon; he was terrific tonite.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.