Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

3 game winning streak

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: 3 game winning streak
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By greenandgold on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 02:22 am:

That's the longest one the A's have had this year. It's happened once, 4/16-18 against the Angels and Rangers. Getting eager to see that benchmark exceeded sometime soon...... I know just a single win would be a welcome change, but a little winning streak is what we really need.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 07:25 am:

Beane gave us a little change in the off season.

you guys like it?

don't you just love the preemptive trade? you know trade them now even though we can have them for 2 more yrs and get something for them thinkin, maybe the A's will settle this debate as well, is it worth it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 01:20 pm:

Sac I pray for you at night.

Everyone gets good and then bad exept for Atlanta but how would it feel to go to 11 post seasons and only win one WS.

We are rebuilding move on with the rest of us and start looking ahead. This was coming no mattee what happens, no matter how much money a team spends it comes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bigthree17 on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 01:25 pm:

Sacto:

(1) We only had Hudson for 1 more year, not 2.

(2) Since you love digging up your old posts so much, why don't you find the one or two or fifteen where you were a proponent (that means, in favor) of the Mulder deal?

Give it a rest. Or at least come up with some new material.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 02:23 pm:

Getting draft picks for losing proven players is even more risky than trades. The A's already have plenty of draft picks. Some trades work out; some don't. Although they don't look good so far, it's still too early to say the Hudson/Mulder trades were total busts.

That said, it sure is depressing to lose game after game after game...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 03:53 pm:

For Sacto,

Hudson with a seven inning, 2 earned to get
his 6th win of the season. He did walk 5.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 03:55 pm:

You know it is bad, when you have had TWO 8 game
losing streaks, and fans a looking forward to
a possible 3 game winning streak sometime this
season.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 04:11 pm:

Today was also the 11th straight road loss. They've played seven more road games than home yet they have one more win at home. This continues the trend of the last two years where they just seem to be a completely different team on the road. Big difference being they were dominant home and could survive being mediocre on the road. Now they are mediocre at home and absolutely god awful on the road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jerryo1 on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 06:18 pm:

" Today was also the 11th straight road loss."

How can this be, when they WON IN SAN FRANCISCO on May 20th, before losing 8 consectutive through today? Been counting long?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 07:48 pm:

Hmmm how about that? I guess I forgot because San Francisco doesn't feel like a road game. Oh well. Okay 11 straight outside the Bay Area. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 07:51 pm:

The gnats being swept by the Padres doesn't even begin to take the sting out of losing again today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jerryo1 on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 08:12 pm:

"Okay 11 straight outside the Bay Area."

Why did I know that you would either find, or invent, a statistic to substantiate your claim?

How about "12th consecutive road loss on a day of the month that doesn't end in ZERO" (although we did lose on May 10th in Boston too)?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 08:42 pm:

Jeeeeez no need to get hostile. I completely blanked the San Francisco series out when I posted originally was all, which is doubly bad since I was at one of the games. See what happens when I don't research before posting? :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 08:52 pm:

sigh...yes jer, don't get so hostile, at least yc didn't say he felt playing in ess-eff at balco park was like playing at home...and its not like yc ever makes ironic remarks to anybody....jeeeezz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 09:01 pm:

Fans are not in a good mood, and we all know
why. A's fans are suffering, but taking it out
on one another is not good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 09:02 pm:

Well I did like the indoor concourse on the second level...

But I'd really never want to go again, unless I get free tickets again or they're giving away Bonds' knee juice. Getting to and out of that ballpark is a nightmare. People like to romanticize the idea of downtown ballparks but all I think of is the damn traffic. The view was nice to look at than watching the A's struggle to hit Jeff Fassero but the Coliseum is home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 09:09 pm:

did you enjoy watching those beautiful WS flags flapping in the outfield wind? oh wait, you were talking about the view of the bay not of the coli...sorry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 09:12 pm:

I did enjoy that Bonds mini bobbleheads were on sale. I guess the heads shrunk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 10:58 pm:

The only things that flap in the breeze over there are rubber chickens.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.