Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

If you are like me

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: If you are like me
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 05:12 pm:

you will continue to root for the A's while we play poorly. Instead of looking for a winning season I can just go game to game and watch the new guys and root for them. During losing seasons my family and friends see more often and my mood is not at all affected by what happens every day between the lines. In fact it is almost more enjoyable.
But to keep' it intresting I usally find a team or two to root for to take the place of my A's.

This year I am picking up on Baltimore. I mean come on miggy, beating Boston and New York what else could you want.

and San Diago. I used to live there I still love Ramon and Greene is one of my favorite players and making the Giants suffer is sweet.

How about you guys any team bandwagons you are jumping on.,

PS sorry lil if this is not A's basball stuff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By naomi on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 05:26 pm:

ahh, she won't be bummed about it being non baseball stuff, just that it is such a positive post...

I love your attitude left, and am thankful that we have had five great years of winning teams, with more to come in the future with the great GM and new owner we have.

I am rooting for LaRussa's Cardinals to kick some butt. But that is about it for bandwagons. AND of course rooting to see the Red Sox and Giants lose....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 07:56 pm:

If you have low expectations, you aren't so easily disappointed. That's going to be my motto this season: LOW EXPECTATIONS.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 08:44 pm:

I had moderate expectations coming into the season (winning record, no playoffs) so I am definently dissapointed. I just prefer trying to laugh than nash my teeth over the situation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 08:54 pm:

I am rooting for the Marlins, Padres, Dodgers in that order in the NL. Of course, I am rooting for Baltimore and my beloved Miggy in the AL.

In the meantime, I am hoping for wholesale changes with the A's. Translated: More call-ups and a very soon change in the manager's seat.

True, a manager doesn't hit, run, pitch (except batting practice), but the big part of his salary is paid with regard to his ability to lead and inspire. Change needs to start with the manager ... hopefully, one who can inspire and energize this team of mostly youngsters, for starters. It is unlikely BB will hire Wash, but for now, Lacheman as interim manager would be a good start. They need someone who can light a fire under these lackluster performers. At least make this season count for something positive.

But with that, Beane needs to make some changes himself. He needs to trust his decision with re to the manager and delegate; stop trying to control the guys you hire to manage and let them manage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 09:02 pm:

hey, I will just root against;
red sux
jiints
yankers
in that order

i'll definitely be real sour grapes all year

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bubba69 on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 09:25 pm:

I will still root for our boys and who ever is playing the SF team!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chavvy03 on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 09:46 pm:

Yeah, I had expectations as well. I really liked the addition of Kendall to our team. I wasn't sure whether we'd make the playoffs for not...but I expected a winning record...(this is the part where Sacto replies with a post telling me that I'm an arrogant, cocky A's fan) At any rate...I'm having fun watching our young players develop. All in all, I'll consider this season a success if we manage to rid ourselves of Macha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 09:56 pm:

Mach set himself up to leave at the end of the
season anyway, so this seasons record probably
was not going to change that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 10:02 pm:

Yeh, and it's not like the A's to pay two managers. Sadly, no move there is likely to be made. Too bad because it could probably go a long way toward next season.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 01:16 am:

I also hope that we can take heart from what happed last year and this year. Last year it as painfully clear to all our weekness was our bullpen. So during the off season at least that problem was a focus and on paper solved. Sooooooooo this year our weekness is also painfully clear and my hope is that we will make some moves to improve in that dept.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ballparkfrank on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 07:41 am:

I agree that the bland, uninspired Ken Macha must go, but the A's won't pay two managers, even for part of a season. So, here's the solution...

Billy Beane, with all his alleged fire and emotion, should put on his uni and take over the field manager's role. It won't be the first time in A's history that someone served as GM, field manager and part owner. A guy named Connie Mack did it for years.

If nothing else, it will put people in the seats at the old Coli. By the way, the joint should be nearly empty Tuesday night. A game with the Rays sandwiched between fireworks and Dollar Wednesday should be an intimate affair.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chinanski on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 09:21 am:

It is hard to imagine this season going any worse--knock on wood--and my expectations have also been dashed and lowered and then dashed and lowered again. Many, many times. But our team must play better than they've played so far. They just gotta, especially when DL guys are back. So I am still holding out for a .500 season while cheering for the demise of the blowsux and enjoying the Nationals' first season.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 04:07 pm:

go Padres
boo giants
boo yankers

a's will NOT lose 10 in a row. you heard it hear first!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 07:08 pm:

Growing up in Baltimore, I would LOVE to see the O's make it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 08:09 pm:

Any team in the AL East other than the Skanks or Sux, but I would especially like to see the O's win it for Miggy's sake.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By muddlehead on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 09:33 pm:

always had a spot in the heart for our no respect brother-in-arms white sox. talk about second fiddle second banana second billing in your town. i'll say bay area in terms of popularity polls 75% giants fans 25% us. chicago 88-90% cubs maybe even higher. if i moved to windy city (windy cause windbag politicos not weather but i guess that's another story) would take me about 1 1/2 seconds to become a chisox fan. cubs, like giants, a little too cute. this could be the year for the southsiders. j dye leads the way :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 11:00 pm:

The A's have always been my first team and always will be.

I bleed green and gold, not literally of course. I was made fun of in high school for wearing A's gear because they stunk basically from my last year in elementary, 93, to my last year in high school in 98-99.

I've stuck with them through the darkest days and I'll continue to stick with my A's.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.