Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Crosby In

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Crosby In
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By threepeat on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 05:54 pm:

at SS tonight batting 7th. Who's OUT?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 06:00 pm:

Ginter has been sent down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 06:35 pm:

Good move.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 06:50 pm:

Guess Pop potential was not enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 11:52 pm:

Should have sent Thomas down as well and kept Watson up.....Oh wait Monte Poole would not like that the team would realllly start lacking color.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 02:16 am:

well thank you for small favors Mr. Beane and Macha...
not only clink-glove pop potential was sent down...last night was a memorable night, not so much for the win but the team actually executed a hit and run...what happened? did somebody get the wrong sign or did macha fall asleep and the players decided to squeeze that one by him?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 07:28 am:

Adam Melhuse was a huge hero tonite. Without his fabulous AB, no tie, no win. Fouling off a number of 2 strike pitches .. you could see in his face, no way was he going down. Kudos to a lot of players, including light hitting Thomas and Scoot. But the pen was spectacular ... absolutely huge!

Oh, and the more I watch Swisher play right field, I see good reason for keeping Thomas :( ... at least since they didn't see fit to keep Watson up here. But then he wouldn't have been able to play everyday, had they done so; he needs to keep getting his ABs somewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 09:42 am:

Yeah Melhuse was livid after he got juiced on that first strike call you could tell if he did not get on base he was going to let the ump have it! Rightly so, but he did seem to lock in more. Normaly getting miffed does not work to ones advantage in baseball but in this case. Also the guy should be starting at least once per week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bigthree17 on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 09:52 am:

I'm on record for saying that I thought Ginter and Ellis should play, and Scutaro should sit, since we needed all the offensive pop we could get. With Crosby back, while I still think we need more O, I think keeping Scoot makes more sense. Ginter can't play SS, so it's better to have a more versatile back-up in Scoot who can play both middle IF positions. Neither Croz nor Ellis is completely healthy, so it's important to have someone who can play both.

If Ginter can find his batting stroke again, and the offense continues to struggle, then maybe you give him another shot at 2B and let Ellis back up both positions. But for now, he's not hitting, so he's not really contributing anything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 12:44 pm:

I really thought it would come down to Ginter and Thomas. Depending on other changes in the upcoming weeks, Thomas could still go down. But a big factor (not to mention his power potential) in acquiring Ginter in the first place, was their doubts that Ellis was healed enough to play regularly. But in all fairness, they gave Ginter a pretty good looksee and Macha had him in there for several games over the last few weeks; in fact, he's had double the ABs Thomas has had, and he just wasn't hitting period, while playing very mediocre (to be kind) defense.

And though not a lot of time in the NL, you have the AL adjustment factor for both players. If Ginter gets his stroke back, everybody could be winners. It's too bad Thomas can't go down where he can get ABs everyday, too. Scutaro certainly earned his stay with his tenacity and more than acceptable defense. He is down to .247 (before last nite's game, I believe), but his obp has improved greatly from last year ... from hard work on his part. He's certainly an excellent back up to have, while saving the A's bacon with his ability to play two prime positions in two consecutive seasons. He's earned his stay ... for now.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.