Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

That was a good win for us....

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: That was a good win for us....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 07:11 am:

Thank the LORD!

I was listening in bed with the lights out while the wife was sleeping and I was exhausted from the weekend and half out of it, but I was so happy to hear. And I just saw the clip on the a's site of the kotsay hit and to see the most excited guy out there was Crosby, who streaked across the field to hug him.

I am not saying we are gonna spin off 10 straight wins, but this was a great win for us and could start a nice feeling - minimum. I don't want to be mr. poopy pants, but my feeling is we are so far back it's too late to even think about playoffs and division and wild card etc. My feeling now would be we are playing to be competetive and if that's what it's gonna be, then that's fine. Let's have a strong year and not make us all look like morons.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 09:03 am:

The D'Rays are now 3-19 on the road, the A's should at least win this series.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 09:36 am:

I can tolerate the losing as long as it means Macha's ass is out the door! I really think at some point if this horrid pace continues Wolff will push Beane to flush the Cacah.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jeffreyb on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 11:10 am:

Billy gives macha his strongest endorsement yet, in a column in today's Chron. Knapp, i think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 12:11 pm:

Vote of confidences can be the kiss of death for managers. It's not a good idea for an owner or gm to bury their manager in the media while he's still the manager.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 04:53 pm:

He's been sticking by macha all year. Now, I am not a macha fan at all, but I will say that most of our losses this year are NOT His fault. Our players are sucking right now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 05:54 pm:

fire beane he made the deals macha didn't trade away great players for a truck load of shit.

have i said this before?

macha is just a representation of his boss aka dumb ass Billy ball beane.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 07:16 pm:

Listen, I think Macha is a moron, but it's not his fault, nor is it Beane's, that the hitter's can't hit and the pitchers can't pitch. They are all way behind on their averages....that's called slumping - not the end of the world.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 07:32 pm:

Do I want Macha fired? yes. But don't you find talk of firing the mgr laughable? I mean, this is the org that downplays the value of the field mgr. Now, we blame the field mgr?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 07:46 pm:

i agree. And again, this season and it's struggles are easily blamed on the PLAYERS lack of production. If you can blame Macha for "not getting the most out of his players" then you can look at firing him. His somewhat insistence to keep the batting order the same through most of this crap is disgusting, but besides that, this is all the players' fault - not macha's and not beanes. I think even beane can realize that.

Would we like more sb's? More hit and runs? More lineup changes?? Sure! But Macha really never did that and the team never did that - so it's all on the players.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 09:59 pm:

So he shakes up the lineup -- at last -- and it finally pays off!!! What will he do next? Stick with it?? We shall see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 11:03 pm:

Like it or not ... Macha will most likely be here the remainder of the season, when the next "yes" man (Geren?) will sit in his spot.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.