Guidelines
    Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

He wants out???!!! WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!!!

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: He wants out???!!! WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktowngreen on Thursday, June 02, 2005 - 07:44 am:

Found this article from a CHISOX writer. Instigator!

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/beatwriters.asp?column=gregor&id=56482

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Thursday, June 02, 2005 - 07:54 am:

Ummm where does it say that Chavez wants to be traded? Also The Daily Herald??? Not exactly a big time Chicago newspaper.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Thursday, June 02, 2005 - 08:07 am:

What a bunch of writer garbage! Chavez has been known to open his mouth then think about what he said later. He was shocked that his buddies got traded but came out and said when Beane explained why he did what he did that it made sense.

Also Chavy signed an extension last season and if I am correct he is in the first year of his new contract not the second.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Thursday, June 02, 2005 - 08:12 am:

YC,

The writer said it's no secret that Chavy wants out of Oakland so badly that HE is the one who is fueling the trade rumor.

Just to playcate Sacto I say trade him to the O's for Miggy straight up then move Crosby over to 3rd :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Thursday, June 02, 2005 - 08:19 am:

Okay I just saw the line where the writer claims that. The line is buried in the article and just basically throw in there. Where has Chavez said this? Anyone? This article is complete bullshit and this hack writer pulled this rumor off an ESPN message board. Again The Daily Herald????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactofan on Thursday, June 02, 2005 - 08:51 am:

I'm pleased that anyone wants Chavvy and his big contract. I think the A's could make better use of the money. I can't believe that the common view (even on this forum) is that he still is a budding superstar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Thursday, June 02, 2005 - 10:08 am:

The only thing I've ever heard Chavy say is that he loves playing in Oakland, loves the fans (of course, more of them desired), would never play on the east coast and wants to stay on the west coast. This all as late as a 4-6 weeks ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ronc on Thursday, June 02, 2005 - 10:20 am:

I can see him wanting to got to the White Sox to be reunited with his big brother JD. Also, Ozzie Guillen versus Macha is a complete mismatch. Ozzie's line about having to park at McDonalds when the Sox play at Wrigley Field was hilarious

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ssblip on Thursday, June 02, 2005 - 12:15 pm:

Speaking of the McDonald's quip, has Macha ever said anything that could even remotely be taken as funny? I can't recall. He's just a flat rock the cow's pissing on, IMHO.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Thursday, June 02, 2005 - 08:25 pm:

Well, Giambi ALSO said one time he loved Oakland, and it's fans....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Thursday, June 02, 2005 - 10:11 pm:

Trade Chavy to Cincy for Adam Dunn.

Use the money you would free from Chavy and sign Dunn to a long term extension.

Dunn could hit 50+ hrs at the Mac.

Though I doubt Beane will trade Chavez.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Thursday, June 02, 2005 - 10:35 pm:

I like the idea of trading him straight up for Miggy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Friday, June 03, 2005 - 06:12 am:

I still want to see ONE quote that says he wants out of town. How can the writer state that w/o saying where it's from???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Friday, June 03, 2005 - 07:21 am:

I sent the url to Susan Slusser yesterday morning, who in short said what most think, "absurd" See her article this morning. Chavez basically says the same thing. Once again he reiterated he would never play on the east coast and that he considers Chicago the east coast ... "anything east of Texas."

Beane is ticked about the article and when he was asked about the chances of dealing Chavez, his response was "zero and zero."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By goldtymer on Friday, June 03, 2005 - 07:34 am:

I wonder where these rumors really come from? Just by getting some low level staffer to leak such shite, BB can get the phones ringing a bit and perhaps stir up a way for some other GMs to tip their hands in time for mid season trade season. All this coming into draft too...

Pure speculation but...I'm just saying ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Friday, June 03, 2005 - 09:45 am:

GT,

What a sinister mind you have :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By goldtymer on Friday, June 03, 2005 - 10:45 am:

I know I come off a little "x-files" but this is not very far fetched.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Friday, June 03, 2005 - 12:24 pm:

I don't think it's THAT "x-files". Don't you remember reading in Moneyball how Billy bounced information off Ben Franklyn to get other GM's involved and interested?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyshero on Friday, June 03, 2005 - 04:38 pm:

Before assuming there is any veracity in this article, let me just ask you, would you buy a used car from this man?

http://www.dailyherald.com/images/mugs/gregor.jpg

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.