Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

AN interviews Kurt Suzuki

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: AN interviews Kurt Suzuki
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Monday, June 06, 2005 - 06:50 am:

http://www.athleticsnation.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pachyderm on Monday, June 06, 2005 - 10:53 am:

I just read that interview, it was great. The photos, Cal State Fullerton, Saved By The Bell references, and catcher talking about catching that would make Fosse proud, it all there. Blez always does a great job with those interviews.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Monday, June 06, 2005 - 12:29 pm:

He also has one coming up with Daric Barton.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Monday, June 06, 2005 - 01:11 pm:

Excellent interview. I'm glad you linked this interview because I had forgotten to read his last interview with Beane, which I thought was fabulous and a must read for all A's fans.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Monday, June 06, 2005 - 02:45 pm:

All of his interviews are excellent, especially the Beane ones. He seems able to get BB to do more talking than we get from anywhere else.

Also, he was supposed to have a diary of sorts from both Swisher and Street. Haven't seen anything on that yet, however. Though I guess Street will be tied up with his espn diary. :)

And, if you haven't read it, read his last interview with Michael Lewis. It's worth it just to read his comments on Joe Morgan, if nothing else. He minces no words on Mr. Morgan. Oh, and Morgan still hasn't read "Moneyball".

I always check his site looking for the latest interviews and will keep everyone posted on his latest, when I can.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jenmed on Monday, June 06, 2005 - 05:00 pm:

Speaking of which, has anyone posted a link to Street's diary n ESPN? Can't find a master link for all the archived stories, but here's one edition of "Street Talk."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=street_huston&id=2073394

Sorry if someone already posted and I missed it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakchick on Monday, June 06, 2005 - 06:56 pm:

Street is very articulate and thoughtful.

Nice change from the David Wells School of Literature.

But then again, he's an English major isn't he? Good for him.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.