Guidelines
    Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Did the Offense forget to get on the plane?

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Did the Offense forget to get on the plane?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaklandcrazy on Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 06:04 pm:

Or does it just leave to go back to the hotel after the first inning?

This is depressing. Hit the ball, guys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By colt45allstar on Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 06:08 pm:

This is a whole different team on the road.

Just pathetic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaklandfasho510 on Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 06:50 pm:

well, the way this team plays on the road, they should never consider leaving Oakland.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 07:01 pm:

When we played the Blue Jays, everyone laughed at their mistakes. Yet, we don't have alot of room to brag when we're on the road, do we?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaklandfasho510 on Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 08:30 pm:

Your right! In fact, aren't the Blue Jays having a better season so far than us?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 12:02 pm:

Yep, the A's are by far and away the worst road offense in the AL. Not even Tampa, who is 4-25
on the road, is worse than the A's road offense.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?statType=batting&group=7&seasonType=2&type=type1&sort=runs&split=34&season=2005

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 05:04 pm:

here we go again *sigh*

F*** You Blanton

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 05:08 pm:

I am sick and tired of Blanton. Please do the kid a favor and send his ass to AAA. Give Yabu a start the guy can't be much worse.

we are down by 4 runs GAME OVER

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 05:24 pm:

The struggles on the road for this team I think are somewhat based on the young hitters in the lineup.

When 4 out of 9 of your lineup is made up of two rookies with DJ/Swisher and for the most part 2 relatively young players in terms of playing in Crosby/Scutaro; it's going to struggle.

Now, the other veterans like Chavez, Kotsay, Kendall, Hatteburg, and whoever is playing LF; no excuses for them. They should be hitting better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 07:04 pm:

"Give Yabu a start."

In other words, pick your poison. If someone in the pen is going to start a game, I'd give the ball to Duke. Except when he's got his splitter working (which doesn't seem too often), Yabu's stuff might just be worse than Blanton's. And his isn't too good. Although take away that one inning tonite, and Blanton did quite well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 07:16 pm:

Perhaps the progression of runs will kick in so
the A's will finally win a road game. 1st game
one run, 2nd game two runs, 3rd game three runs.
can the A's score four runs in game 4 of the road
trip?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 07:27 pm:

Yeh, rocket, but we need to rely on the opposition making an error in order to get to three. I doubt Atlanta's got that many errors in them for us to get to four or more runs. :(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaklandcrazy on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 08:14 am:

I have figured out the A's road problems--it isn't that the offense didn't get on the plane--it's that Bill King didn't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 10:25 am:

123...maybe they will score 4 tonite as long as the Bravos don't score more than 3 :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 01:24 pm:

Even without the injuries, Bill King would not have been on this trip in any case. He hates interleague play and has stopped going to the NL cities.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 02:38 pm:

Steve Kroner has an article on King in today's chronicle. I found his comments interesting about preferring road games, if he had to choose. Rather surprising, I thought. Although I'm sure those would be selective cities (he mentioned several) and still wouldn't include interleague games ... and of course, not Texas. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 03:27 pm:

For King's choices...just follow the good restaurants.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 03:53 pm:

Yeh, and those cities he mentioned are not short of the good restaurants.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 08:46 pm:

That's why he's going on the Seattle trip later this month -- restaurants.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 11:33 pm:

Finally, broke the 11 game road losing streak.

Another good outing for Haren, 4-7 now. I don't know what the hell went wrong in DC. I know the Nationals are hot but the A's offense looked pathetic those 3 games.

Crosby and Chavez look to be hitting their strides. Still think the A's need one more reliable RH bat. Maybe somehow the A's can find that near the trade deadline.

Don't know who they can give up. Durazo/Byrnes/Hatteburg/Cruz/Thomas are solid pieces a contender may want.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 08:44 am:

Just as the A's caught the Nats when they are
hot, they are catching the Braves in a losing
streak and they are a team with many of their
best players hurt, and being replaced by rookies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 08:49 am:

Evidently, Macha/Cox had a chat before last nite's game about the players Braves sent over. Cox was very surprised with Thomas' slow start and indicated they would take him back. Though the A's are not willing to give him up on him.

If the A's were at .500 or better (a loooong way to go) at this point, they might look ... might ... look for another major league ready young RH bat ... but I highly doubt they will now. I think their main concern is probably trying to find somebody ... anybody ... to take Hatteberg/Durazo off their hands and bring up another youngster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pachyderm on Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 09:22 am:

The A's offense did get off the plane, but it decide that DC was too hot. So the offense took a midnight train to Georgia. It arrived when Crosby hit the homer.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.