Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Looks like Dr. Dotel was right

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Looks like Dr. Dotel was right
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 09:28 am:

"A reason doctors advised against surgery was that MRI exams showed that things might not go smoothly. "Once he got in there, everything was different from the MRI. When he saw that he said I could be pitching in April."

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2005/06/09/SPGB2D5RLK1.DTL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 08:48 pm:

good. frankly, we need him to heal so we can deal him next year. he's under contract next year w/the a's...right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 09:04 pm:

No, he is not under contract next year. He's on a one year contract. So, once the A's pay for all this, including his rehab, he is free to walk. Course, he did say, if he was healthy he'd play here for free next year and set up for Street. Yes, he actually told Beane that, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 09:32 pm:

Yeah, I believe THAT.

How/when did Crosby strain his quad?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 07:01 am:

He isn't gonna play for free. He said what he said, but he'll go to the highest bidder like everyone else. He's definitely NOT gonna want to set up for anyone. But I wouldn't mind him signing a million dollar contract and set up street - I would be fine with that. But, ain't gonna happen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktowngreen on Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 07:52 am:

I like the guy but want him completely off this team. He is not a great pitcher. I've never been relaxed when he has pitched. He was an upgrade from Rhodes in 2004...but now we have the ideal closer in Street. An absolute superstar in the making.

I hope Dotel goes somewhere in the NL and dominates...but I'd like him completely out of our picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 08:36 am:

I really don't think ANYBODY believes he is going to pay for free. Beane took it for what it was (at least on the surface) "a noble gesture."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By colt45allstar on Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 11:51 pm:

I don't think he's going to have much choice, when it comes to a discount.

He's not going to get near what he would have gotten pre surgery on the open market, at least I would be surprised if he did.

I'm not at all opposed to taking a chance on the guy sticking around, depending on how much of a discount we are talking about and assuming he would indeed be willing to set up.

The guy has proven to be able to set up and do so well. A low ball contract, with possible incentives based on performance.

I would go for that.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.