Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Different plans for A's, Giants

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Different plans for A's, Giants
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 02:43 pm:

Glenn Dickey's latest column. I agree with most of what he says. Especially about playing DJ at first everyday and trying to deal Hatteberg. And of course, re-signing Kotsay as a must.

http://www.glenndickey.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 11:30 pm:

The A's will be back contending in a year or two down the road because they may be losing now but at least they're doing it with young players for the most part.

SF, who the hell knows what they're doing. They trade away two young quality arms in Williams and Aardsma for a 32 year old set up man who probably won't be with the team whenever they start to put things together.

Add to that the farm teams and the A's system is far and away better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 12:26 pm:

I see Dickey is still able to surf the net, and
then regurgitate what the fans have expressed
on the various A's forums.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 01:46 pm:

rocketman, I don't think Dickey has had an original thought in quite some time. I had stopped reading his columns way before the Chron dumped him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 03:41 pm:

Yep, Dickey is always a couple of weeks late with
the obvious. At one time he was a pretty thought
provoking writer, but that was long ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By naomi on Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 05:16 pm:

classic...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jeffreyb on Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 01:57 pm:

naomi, if you are disgusted by everything written here, as well as the writers of it....why do you keep reading and posting here?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 02:31 pm:

I'm gonna go on record and say I like Glenn Dickey. Sure, perhaps some of his ideas for his columns are not totally original, and who knows? Maybe journalists, GM's, Players or what have you actually do read internet message boards. But Dickey seems to be pretty supportive of our A's, and it's good to have a voice for the A's in the media.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 04:14 pm:

trolls should be ignored jeff...naomi is a drive by troll and should be treated as such.

As for Glenn Dickey, I say noblesse oblige, some fans like him and some don't...so what?

I expressed my opinion of him but have no problem with people who like him. Personally I've long stopped reading his stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 04:42 pm:

the art of trolling:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By goldtymer on Monday, June 13, 2005 - 07:45 am:

"trolling for suckers" ? That is funny.

The sign for

Please do not feed the troll

is even funnier

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.