Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

A game to smile about

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: A game to smile about
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 03:08 pm:

I actually watched the whole game today, and was glad I did! Great to see Chavez and Kotsay do their stuff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 06:31 pm:

Wow. What a breakout game. They're still a bad team but I would say taking 2/3 from the Braves and Chavez' 5 for 5 means we have officially turned the corner!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 07:48 pm:

I wouldn't call the A's a "bad team". Are they playoff caliber, no. But they are a "competitive team" for the most part and other than the Nats' series, they've played as good as ball as anybody in the majors the past two weeks.

You want to look at a bad team, look at the team across the bay that's falling like a boulder thrown into the ocean.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By goldtymer on Monday, June 13, 2005 - 07:37 am:

I think the team has been playing poorly. I believe that a combination of inexperience, lack of solid leadership and a couple bad breaks have dropped this team out of the level of quality that we are used to. Hitting like crap for 2+ months didn't help either.

Basically, we have become the Royals or Rays (some good young talent, can be fun to watch but have little to no chance).

I am sure that the second half could be like a new season. A couple moves and some people get healthy...etc..

I am aware that we will become sellers in the mis season market if we cannot prove that we will compete this year sooooooooooooooo.....

I am pulling for a good winning streak.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.