Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

RICKEY

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: RICKEY
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Monday, June 13, 2005 - 09:19 am:

Well I had the pleasure of going to my first San Diego Surf Dawgs game on Saturday night. It was Rickey Henderson Appreciation night, so I couldn't miss it. They were supposed to give out Rickey bobbleheads but gave out vouchers instead to pick up the bobblehead in August.

Anyway, what a fun time it was. Rickey didn't have a great night, 1 for 4 with a walk and he got picked off. However, when he was on 1st the 2nd time, it was exactly like 1982! The pitcher must have thrown over 15 times, and Rickey was "doing his thing", and the crowd was loving it! I really miss those days of Oakland A's baseball. It's very entertaining when you don't know what's going to happen- a steal, a hit and run, a pitchout.

I think Rickey's OBP is like .550. I hope somebody in MLB picks him up just for that.

If not, I'm happy to be able to watch him locally, and the quality of baseball is actually pretty decent- 0 errors on saturday for both teams. And Rickey seems really happy- he said making it to the big leagues again would just be a bonus, and that he's having a lot of fun.

His teammates love him too!

Go Rickey, Go Dawgs!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Monday, June 13, 2005 - 11:20 am:

thanks for sharing kevin :)
Go Rickey! Have Fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ballparkfrank on Monday, June 13, 2005 - 03:55 pm:

Perhaps we will see the Rickster in an A's uniform once again in September.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pachyderm on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 10:00 am:

Keep your fingers cross. Make Danny Haren wear #50 like he wear in St. Louis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jerryo1 on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 10:16 am:

#50 is currently occupied by Kiko Calero.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.