Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Tough homestand coming up

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Tough homestand coming up
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ballparkfrank on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 08:02 am:

Remember when interleague play meant lots of Ws for the A's? Think again. While we took 2 of 3 from the Braves, we did it against very un-Bravelike pitching and a lineup with lots of rookies. The Mets are in last place, but have a winning record and tough pitching. The Phillies are on a hot streak. If we can go 3 -3, I would consider it a good effort from this A's team.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By givedaddy5 on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 08:34 am:

A's catch a break against the Mets and don't have to face Pedro. A's face Glavine and Zambrano in the first 2 games and those are very winnable(sp?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pachyderm on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 09:51 am:

The Phillies are in a hot streak because of the other Bay Area baseball team. The A's/Mets series, there going to be a lot of 1973 chants starting tonight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 01:38 pm:

I wonder if they'll be close to even 30k for the series against the Mets.

I know the Mets aren't the Yanks but there has to be many NY fans out here. Just wanna to know if most of them are Yankee fans only or if some here do actually root for the Mets.

I'd be happy with a .500 homestand too. I thought if the A's can finish this interleague matchu against the NL east close to .500 that it'll be a success and if they go 3-3 on the homestand, I don't think it'll be a success really but it won't be a dissapointment either.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.