Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

A NEW byrnes rumor

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: A NEW byrnes rumor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 07:07 pm:

"http://www.sportingnews.com/experts/ken-rosenthal/20050713b.html"

a reliever and starter....

If this happens, I would be sad to see byrnes go, but he has a shot to put up some ridiculous numbers at coors field - and steal bases and have a very nice career.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 07:21 pm:

Byrnes for Kennday and Witasik? Didn't we get of Witasik back in the last 90s? Why would we want him back?

Why trade for Kennedy when our starting 5 is set.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 07:28 pm:

on another a's board, someone's got a source and he said it's a done deal. Not sure yet if Quintanilla is included, there were rumblings he was.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 07:29 pm:

I've been thinking and maybe Beane does trade for those two and trade them to the Yanks.

The Yanks do want Payton and need more pitching and LH pitcher like Kennedy would be good them them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 07:31 pm:

Well then who would be our extra OF if we trade both byrnes AND Payton away? We'd only have 3 OF's.
To me that would seem like we upgraded what?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 07:32 pm:

Charles Thomas.

What this trade? Did we trade away Quintanilla

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 07:38 pm:

the trade in the link I posted above.

Looks like Byrnes for Witasick and Kennedy. Whether Q. or another prospect is involved yet, I don't know. I am hesitant to start the "byrnes traded" thread until I get more information - but when I do, if I do,I will post it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 07:39 pm:

Yes, I just saw the thread at the scout board.

Looks like it's a done deal.

Though like I mentioned, I wouldn't be too shocked to see both Payton and Kennedy traded to the Yanks for maybe one of their top prospects.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 07:42 pm:

ITS TRUE!!

http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20050713&content_id=1130466&vkey=pr_oak&fext=.jsp&c_id=oak

We did trade away Q

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jayho on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 08:06 pm:

CLiff Pennington is a better prospect across the board. Beane dealt Omar knowing that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 08:50 pm:

I think they did sour on Quintinilla as he hasn't taken off offensively like they thought he would this year at Midland.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 08:56 pm:

Plus, Q isn't an impressive looking player. I think he's 5'9" or something. I know that shouldn't matter but there aren't too many great 5'9" 2B.

Pennigton I think will be a stud.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.