Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Something other than trades --- Second Half Schedules

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Something other than trades --- Second Half Schedules
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ohiofan on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 09:04 am:

Hello all,
I've been enjoying this site for some time. I recently moved from the Bay Area to Ohio, so I've been visiting here tons - and I love it.

If anyone feels like talking about something other than the trades, the Cleveland broadcasters brought up the fact that the Indians have a remarkably easy schedule for the second half of the season. I checked the schedules of teams to find out how much everyone will be playing the "Top Three" (Boston, ChiSox, The The Angels Angels) and the "Bottom Three" (KC, Seattle, Tampa Bay)and found the following (# is number os series, not games, because I am at work and didn't have the time to count them all)

A's - 4 vs Bottom Three/ 5 vs Top Three

In Division:
The The Angels Angels - 5 BT/3 TT
Texas - 6 BT/4 TT

Wild Card:
Minn - 4 BT/7 TT
Balt - 6 BT/ 5 TT
NY - 5 BT/ 7 TT
Cleve - 9 BT/ 3 TT
Toronto - 7 BT/ 5 TT

Looks to me like the Indians may in fact be one of the toughest teams to pass, and the Twins will be headed south fast.

And for the record - I'm sad to see Byrnes and ChadBrad go, but this is not a fire-sale situation, I think the team has improved.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 09:33 am:

hello ohiofan and welcome.
i too am in ohio - where are you living, cleveland?

definitely, i have heard cleveland has an easy 2nd half - also, their team is better than the first half they had - so hopefully they don't heat up too much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ohiofan on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 09:49 am:

Hello asch,
I live in Columbus, but watch lots of Indians baseball. I was up in Cleveland for two of the 3 games in May (unfortunately, it was Sat & Sun). I'll try to be up again in September. Also, I'm tryin' to go the the weekend series' they have coming up in Boston and Baltimore. I'm excited for the 2nd half!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By drummer510 on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 01:34 pm:

Hey,
I'm actually going to the University of Cincinnati (CCM) in september from Oakland. It'll be another A's fan in Ohio.

On the schedule: Even though the A's beat the White Sox, a first place team, their June and early July schedule was not that hard. The other first place team they played was the Nat's and were swept.

If the A's are for real they're going to have to prove it by playing three really good team this month: Texas, LAA, Texas, Cle.

Either way, if the A's can end the season at .500, it would be a good season in my mind considering the terrible May we had.

P.S. any A's fans in Cincy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 02:14 pm:

Drummer510,
I live in Cincy. It'll be great to have you.

Are you going to CCM straight out of HS? Where you living now??

I'll show you around here if you need some cincy knowledge...that and I was in a band from here that travelled the country - so if you are looking to put a band together here or anything, I can help out. I know the music scene here well.

email me privately if you want:
adam AT yesyeah.net
(sorry, trying to avoid the spam robots)

Ohiofan, My uncle lives up in cleveland and works for a firm that has 80 seats to every home game there. I usually go up to see the A's series (when they are on weekends) and get sick seats....

Maybe next year we can go together??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ohiofan on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 05:44 am:

Hi asch - I'm never one to turn down a trip to an A's game, thanks for the invite. I guess we'll talk abain in about 6 months :)

I do love that Rich Harden.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pachyderm on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 10:11 am:

Hey Ohio A's fans,

The Rockies are visiting the Reds this weekend, you guys can see Eric Byrnes's Colorado debut. Plus, tonight's game former Athletic Aaron Harang will be starting for Cincy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 11:06 am:

yup, I saw that and my dad is coming in from oakland. Unfortunately, I can't make the game tonight cause I gotta pick hup up at the airport mid game, but maybe this weekend.
Btw, a few years ago when the A's played the reds here in the older stadium, Byrnes made one of the greatest catches I have ever seen - horizontal in the air - beautiful thing! It was the first time I met Warren!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.