Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

June Comeback

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: June Comeback
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By greenandgold on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 09:47 pm:

The A's are only the sixth team in major-league history to return to even after sinking 15 games under.
The others: Pittsburgh (1965), Houston (1969), St. Louis (1973), the White Sox (2001) and Tampa Bay (2004).
I doubt any of the others bounced back as quickly as the A's did in June and July (so far).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakchick on Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 06:44 am:

Unfortunately, none of those 5 teams made the playoffs, including the dominant Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

Hopefully, we will be the first - we are just 3 games out of the wild card. Go A's!

BTW - I will be heading into enemy territory this week to see our Green and Gold play the California/Anaheim/West Coast/SoCal Angels of Los Angeles/Orange County. I will be going with a few Giants fans who will be rooting the A's, because they hate the Angels. It should be a hoot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 09:28 am:

Do us proud, oakchick!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 11:26 am:

I'll be there Wednesday oakchick.
I can't bring myself to hate the angels like I hate the Yankees & giants. They're just not a hateable team. Lots of class acts on the team and exciting players.
I expect some green and gold to be represented in the stands as usual!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.