Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Transplanted A's Fan

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Transplanted A's Fan
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ruben on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 03:32 am:

I'm a transplanted A's fan from Kansas City, currently living and attending school (Missouri State University, currently--until 8/28--Southwest Missouri State University) in boring Springfield, MO. I've been a fan of the A's since as long as I can remember (which was 1986, when I was three).

Since I live in a town that is dominated by St. Louis baseball, St. Louis AA baseball, college sports (espically women's athletics) and prep sports, I dont usually get enough of my A's fix. I don't know why I'm just now finding a fan site, but it comes right after I just read that Byrnes had been traded. I am very glad you are here b/c now I have somewhere to get all of the latest news.

Btw, it's sad that the A's will only be in KC once this year...but it will be on my birthday weekend, and I'll be at all three games. It also feels good b/c being nearly the only A's fan who pays a lot for the best seats, the A's players usually will toss me foul balls and third out balls....so it's great.

Go Chiefs! (sorry, not a Raiders fan).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jeffreyb on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 05:17 pm:

Welcome!

Hey, i read an article today that applies to you and every other remotely located A's fan in the world! You could be watching FSBA, and Channel 36 A's games on your computer. It's called Slingbox.

Check this out:
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/07/18/BUG10DNHGV1.DTL&type=tech

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.