Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Joe K on the move?

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Joe K on the move?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 09:45 am:

Just read in the CC times I think that Joe K and Byrnes may be moving before the deadline.

Question: if Joe K. is moved, do you think it's for pieces to improve us now? Or, for players that go into the Minor League pool and help later?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 11:06 am:

this helps, if you want to read an article at cctimes.com:

username: joemail@mailinator.com
password: joemail2

from bugmenot.com

does someone want to set up accounts for the oafc at other newspapers? i could do it sometime... any ideas for a password?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 11:07 am:

yeah, bugmenot is the shit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 11:20 am:

anyway, what has Joe K really done for us so far? or Witasick? I'm still rubbing my head a bit over how much these guys can really help us. our bullpen already has pretty defined roles. I suppose extra arms never hurt...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 11:26 am:

Hey Ray you catch that 14 inning game last Sunday or did you miss the 3 innings of scoreless ball Joe K. gave us so we could win the game??????????????????????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 11:28 am:

ok yeah, i did get that, but the guy did give up quite a few hits in those frames and was the benefactor of some great glove work. how about the other night when Witasick couldn't get an out? and what does any of it mean if we trade Joe K? man I hope it's for something good!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 11:36 am:

But Witasick after that bad first outing gave us 1 1/3 IP of shutout baseball on Sunday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 11:47 am:

rff,

kennedy had, I believe, 3 innings, 4 hits, 0bb's, 3k's.

Induced 2 dp's.

Good glove work comes with the territory.

Harden had some good glove work during his almost perfect game....do you take away the fact he pitched a great game cause he had some great plays behind him? Hell no.

Now, joe k didn't pitch like harden, that's not my point - the point is, 3 innings with 3 k's and no bb's is a good 2nd game in the uni.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jeffreyb on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 10:33 pm:

Kennedy is playing with fire every time! he's escaped a lot of jams by the skin of his teeth. i say, give him the Cruz treatment: send him to Sacto to work things out, and bring up Cruz.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 10:46 pm:

Kennedy is switching leagues and is moving from being a SP to a RP so it's hard on him too.

I doubt they'll send JK to the minors. Cruz has looked absolutely dominant and wouldnt' mind seeing him back up here with the A's but other than JK, who else in the staff would you send down or even trade?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 04:55 am:

I don't think they can send him down without clearing waivers. He's most likely out of options, but I'm not sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jenmed on Monday, July 25, 2005 - 03:09 pm:

Hmmm, for what it's worth:

"Kennedy doesn't fit in with this team at all. Think a blonde Mark Redman. I'll leave it at that."

This is from Mychael Urban in an interview with Blez on AN. He thinks Kennedy is sure to be flipped to someone desperate for pitching.

I gather his comments mean that JK is an a**hole. I just remember Redman showing up Crosby last year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Monday, July 25, 2005 - 03:14 pm:

There's a weak rumor out there right now that would involved Kennedy, Cruz, and Garcia going to the Reds for Adam Dunn. Again it's a weak rumor so I wouldn't read too much into it right now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Monday, July 25, 2005 - 03:23 pm:

Hell, I'd do that deal in a second, even though Dunn could garner a huge contract after this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Monday, July 25, 2005 - 03:28 pm:

My friend in cincy says a rumor now is Dunn to LA for Edwin Jackson and Antonio Perez. Now, both those guys are decent prospects, but i felt we could make a better package than that for Dunn.

So, the thought is, do we make a package to send to LA to get Dunn? LA is still in the race a bit - we have a lot of pieces expendable that are ready to perform NOW that we could ship to LA for this deal....

just a thought.
what does LA need right now? I mean, we got 2 2b's, Hattey, Joe K, Garcia etc...there are a bunch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jenmed on Monday, July 25, 2005 - 03:31 pm:

I think Dunn might drive Billy insane with all his SO's, but he seems to be making strides with taking walks.

Sheesh, though, he makes $4.6M this year and is due for a big payday as he's arbitration eligible. Seems hard to believe it would be a good fit from that perspective.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Monday, July 25, 2005 - 03:32 pm:

LA has been rumored in trading both Weaver and Perez so I don't know what they're doing. They're probably going to trade their two best pitchers, does that mean they're giving up on this season.

Even if the A's get Dunn, it'll probably be a rent a player type sitatuion unless Wolff/Fischer really steps up and opens up their wallets.

As for what to give up for a Dunn and maybe another prospect.

Jason Windsor, Jairo Garcia, Bobby Kielty, Javier Herrera and maybe another prospect.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By drummer510 on Monday, July 25, 2005 - 03:39 pm:

Even though Kennedy looks like he's gonna piss his pants when he's on the mound, so far he has done well with the transition. He has stepped up in certain situations. I would like to keep him for a little longer and see how he does. I mean he's coming in and throwing multiple innings of shut out ball.

But if we can get Dunn and keep him, I don't think many people would argue with trading Kennedy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bleacherdave on Monday, July 25, 2005 - 04:30 pm:

Do ya really wanna have Ricky Run-Run as the only lefty in the 'pen?.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Monday, July 25, 2005 - 04:35 pm:

Hey, we still can bring back Ron Flores from AAA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Monday, July 25, 2005 - 05:08 pm:

he is doing well in Sac. can't say the same for dan meyer. man i hope he gets it together, or cruz is effective in the bigs, so we can say the huddy deal wasn't a bust.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.