Guidelines
    Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Where was Al Davis at Tim Brown's retirement ?

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Where was Al Davis at Tim Brown's retirement ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 04:48 pm:

I read Davis was a no-show for Tim Brown. What's up with that? Brown contributed to the Raiders sucess, and he gets treated like this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vinnieangelo on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 06:10 pm:

What was said at the press conference is, that the Raiders wanted to hold the conference during training camp. Timmy couldnt do it then (due to obligations), but Al was gone now.....Bummer...I don't think in any way, that Al was trying to show Tim up....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 07:29 pm:

Well, Davis wasn't all that thrilled with Brown going to the team that beat the Raiders in the SB which also had the head coached that basically humilated Davis.

I don't buy it, Davis could've rescheduled one day to go to the press conference of teh face of the franchise since the late 80s when he was drafted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 12:25 pm:

Davis should've shown some respect. Brown did ALOT for the Raider team.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ballparkfrank on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 09:20 pm:

It worked out better this way. It was Tim's moment in the spotlight. He didn't have to share it with Al or anyone. For one last time, he was one of our greatest Raiders.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.