Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

KNBR interview with E. Chavez

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: KNBR interview with E. Chavez
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By drummer510 on Friday, July 29, 2005 - 11:54 am:

Here's Eric Chavez's interview with KNBR: http://24.104.40.88/knbr/0331chavez.wma

Krueger praised chavez for making the speech on the bus. I thought his speech was directed to their awful play on the road, but it was actually about off field matters, especially with the rookies being "too comfortable".

Krueger said that this is/was the turning the point in his career and for the team this season. I don't know if I agree, but yes it was an important part of the season thus far.

If the A's make the playoffs, will "THE SPEECH" go down in A's history as another fairy tale like story? Chavez definitely sounded loose and had a great interview actually. Even though Chavez is striking out too much this season, he might win another Gold Glove and is finally showing those leadership skills that Beane has always talked about.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Friday, July 29, 2005 - 12:36 pm:

This interview was before Opening Day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bubba69 on Friday, July 29, 2005 - 01:09 pm:

He was on yesterday too...I missed it! : (

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By drummer510 on Friday, July 29, 2005 - 01:31 pm:

That's the one I meant to put on yesterdays

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By drummer510 on Friday, July 29, 2005 - 01:34 pm:

I guess Chavez's interview isn't on the KNBR website yet. Damn sorry about that

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.