Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Billy Beane chat with BP

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Billy Beane chat with BP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ronc on Friday, July 29, 2005 - 03:06 pm:

"http://www.baseballprospectus.com/chat/chat.php?chatId=140&sessionstatus=notloggedin"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By drummer510 on Friday, July 29, 2005 - 03:15 pm:

Dude Billy Bean likes the Drop Kick Murphys. This guy just gets better and better each time I read an interview with him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Friday, July 29, 2005 - 04:28 pm:

guy likes the futureheads and oasis as well. what a cool guy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Friday, July 29, 2005 - 08:53 pm:

Nice quote from article above:

Chomsky (Brooklyn): Billy, how will the sale of the team (to a group of which you are a part) have an impact on future budgets? Do you foresee a payroll increase in the coming years?

Billy Beane: As in the past, our budgets going forward will be a direct reflection of our revenues. It's no secret that it's imperative we secure a new venue here in Oakland. In the brief time I've been associated with Lew Wolff, I can say that if he can't do it, no one can. I would also that, though, that Lew is at the same time a big fan, and if there's a "right move" -- whether a trade or signing a free agent -- he's open-minded to being flexible with the budget.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.