Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

well, we made no more deals...

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: well, we made no more deals...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 02:18 pm:

Well, no more deals for us.
I really didn't expect anything and thought if we did, it would be something small. But, I was hoping we'd pick up somehting for now AND the future.

As it stands, while it would have been nice to grab a big bat etc, the team is going pretty well right now and we have some guys in AAA who could help out as well.

We are winning right now 3-0 and the team looks pretty strong. Let's hope we save a little for the post season!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 02:49 pm:

Not surprised, no huge trades happened today.

Though like I mention in the "trades" thread, I wouldn't too shocked if Beane made a small deal after the deadline today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By slash034 on Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 03:28 pm:

I just think we could have done something for the future. We have just such a log jam in the minors that we need to get rid of some of them, even if we give up three minors for a really good prospect.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 03:32 pm:

Well the problem is that no team was willing to trade a huge player.

The A's weren't going to get a Manny/Dunn type deal done.

Burnett would've been great to see but our pitching isn't a problem.

If there was that RH bat that was willing to trade him, I'd do it but there weren't any around worth getting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 08:17 pm:

Who needs a trade?

We've got Jay Freaking Payton!!!!!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.