Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Palmeiro: Caught using Steroids

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Palmeiro: Caught using Steroids
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 10:00 am:

What a JOKE this guy is.
Most of us here knew he was juicing and made a fool of himself lying to Congress, but now the world knows.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2121659

Palmeiro to be suspended for steroids; denies use
Associated Press
Related Video:
Lopez gives up eight runs in first two innings ESPN Motion

Rafael Palmeiro was suspended Monday for violating Major League Baseball's steroids policy, nearly five months after telling Congress that "I have never used steroids. Period."

Rafael Palmeiro
First Base
Baltimore Orioles

2005 SEASON STATISTICS
GM HR RBI R OBP AVG
103 18 59 46 .354 .280

Palmeiro two weeks ago collected his 3,000th hit, joining Hank Aaron, Willie Mays and Eddie Murray as the only players with 3,000 hits and 500 homers.

Palmeiro, 40, is the seventh and highest-profile player to test positive for steroids under the major league policy adopted earlier this year.

In remarks prepared for a conference call Monday, Palmeiro said he had accepted his punishment and could not explain how the steroids got into his body.

"I have never intentionally used steroids. Never. Ever. Period," he said. "Ultimately, although I never intentionally put a banned substance into my body, the independent arbitrator ruled that I had to be suspended under the terms of the program."

A grievance filed by the players' union against the suspension was denied.

Appearing with Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa and other baseball stars before a congressional committee on March 17, Palmeiro made an opening statement in which he said: "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never."

Palmeiro seemed in that appearance to be indignant over accusations made by former slugger Jose Canseco, who cited Palmeiro as a steroid user in his tell-all book. In an interview on the CBS television show "60 Minutes," Canseco -- who also testified before Congress -- said he injected the drug into Palmeiro.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pachyderm on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 10:48 am:

You can't deny when just got CAUGHT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pachyderm on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 11:21 am:

Here is the press release from the Orioles about this issue:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20050801&content_id=1153541&vkey=pr_bal&fext=.jsp&c_id=bal

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jmarx69 on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 03:18 pm:

HA HA HA HA!!! BUSTED!!!!!!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.