Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Harold Reynolds is jealous of Billy Beane

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Harold Reynolds is jealous of Billy Beane
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By frankmenechino on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 08:15 pm:

Why else would he basically say in April that he hoped the A's would tank as to prove that Billy Beane is a fraud. And that the Big Three was the only reason Beane teams won.
I tune in tonight and hear him predict the A's will hit a down cycle. Oakland promptly hangs an "L" on Johan Santana.
Harold Reynolds looks pissed off. After the A's win, they cut to the ESPN studio and Reynolds is predictably absent.
Anyone else catch whiff of this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 09:27 pm:

Can't have the on-air talent look stupid.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 09:33 pm:

Reynolds has gone on Joe Morgan type of rants against the A's and their philosophy in the past.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By frankmenechino on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 01:58 pm:

ESPN Sunday afternoon: Harold Reynolds announced he felt the Angels will "work their way out of the playoffs" What? Was that a white flag from Bristol, CT? A back door way of joining the Green Stampede?
To quote the late Jack Buck "I DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT I JUST SAW! I DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT I JUST SAW!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By slash034 on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 03:11 pm:

did any one hear cold pizza today? Samething with whats his face not skip but his partner. He was saying how even if Oakland makes it to the playoffs which he doesnt think will happen they will go three and out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 03:18 pm:

Woody Paige.
I get a kick out of that show but that guy seems intoxicated to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rickeytonydwayn on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 03:51 pm:

You know that Harold Reynolds & Kruk and the boys change their minds by the hour. Next week the Angels will be the odds on favorite to win the whole thing. Never take anything that is said on BBTN seriously. For that matter never take ESPN seriously.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By raiderjohn on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 04:19 pm:

Harold Reynolds played for the Mariners and got his ass handed to him regularly by the A's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 08:02 pm:

Until the A's can get out of the 1st round of the playoffs, both the A's and Beane will always be looked upon as pretenders instead of contenders by the national media and just plain A's/Beane haters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 08:11 pm:

Oaktown-look at the Yahoo Sports Poll-they are even using a poll to see who thinks the A's can go further than the first round..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By calig on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 08:16 pm:

I remember earlier in the season, I saw Harold Reynolds say the A's should TRADE Chavez.

The anti-Billy Beane... Sell Low, Buy High

LOL!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 08:19 pm:

40% said they'll advance.
41% said they'll get knocked out.
19% said they'll won't even make the playoffs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By raiderjohn on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 10:55 am:

It's a different team, different attitude. Gone are Huddy and Mulder. Gone is the soft attitude. Let's take care of today, today.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.