Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Some Bobby Crosby Love

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Some Bobby Crosby Love
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 10:32 am:

I just want to say I love what Bobby brings to this team. The guy plays his heart out, is non-stop hustle and is a pure professional. This year we are seeing all the tools: his ability to hit for average, for power, his superb defense, his speed, and baseball smarts. Crosby is not like Tejada, and perhaps he won't put up as big numbers as Tejada, but he is just as valuable if not more so to this team.

Does anyone know who signed, scouted, drafted Crosby? Of course Beane knew what he was doing when he let Tejada go, he had Bobby in the wings!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 10:39 am:

Watch out RFF you may soon feel the wrath of SactoD!

I still feel deep down reisgn Miggy put Crosby at 3rd but it is water under the Bay Bridge

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 11:52 am:

I saw an interesting list during an a�s game a while back that showed the key guys we lost via FA (Izzy, Giambi, etc.) and the compensation picks we obtained (Swish, Crosby, etc.). It was very compelling and really should put a sock in those that cry about our FA departures. (Trust me, I�m the guy that bashed the bejesus of BB for letting key guys walk.) After watching the success of this team, I think we really need to accept BB for his moves. He�s not overrated, he�s brilliant. Of course, he�s arrogant, doesn�t care what people think, is a media spinmaster,etc. This does incite a little hating, I agree.

This isn�t to downplay the departure of Miggy, he�s my fav ballplayer. BTW, it�s no lock miggy puts up the #s he�s putting up in BALT in Oak. Sure he had an MVP year, but his #s in Oakland were comparable to Chavvy�s.

Clearly this formula works and I eat crow and YC�s right!

If anyone has the list I'm referring to, please post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dirtymatt on Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 12:05 pm:

Crosby is my favorite A's player. The highest compliment I can pay him is that I constantly cite Crosby as an example for my 8 year old Little Leaguer (who plays Short Stop), to "play like Bobby".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 02:23 pm:

okp, what's with your apostrophes?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By raiderjohn on Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 03:27 pm:

Isn't scouting divided up into areas, so someone is assigned to SoCal, most likely the A's scout in that area got the info on him, but being a first rounder, it wasn't too hard of a pick to make. Beane has really made the draft more than a crap shoot during his tenure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 03:30 pm:

The A's were 16-32 without Crosby, minus the first game against Baltimore.

42-14 since Crosby came back.

That's proof that he maybe the MVP of this team.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 12:35 pm:

i cut and pasted that post from a word doc. my bad

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.