Guidelines
    Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

New Sign neeede for Huston Street at the Coliseum...

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: New Sign neeede for Huston Street at the Coliseum...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 12:44 pm:

must read:

"NO THROUGH STREET"

someone please make it!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dirtymatt on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 12:49 pm:

It's Houston! You have a problem!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jenmed on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 12:50 pm:

Ah, that's more like it. That losing didn't sit well with me yesterday.

Damn we A's fans are awful right now!!! So spoiled.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakfan on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 01:32 pm:

How about "One Way Street"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 01:40 pm:

3 saves in this series. Street is the AL ROY! At least he'll get my vote.

Zito with ANOTHER DOMINANT performance. Zito is BACK!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 01:43 pm:

we could have had 3 rookies of the yr if put in MLB at 3 diff yrs.

swisher no doubt could be
Street will be ROY this yr
Dan Johnson no doubt would be next yr if he did not make it to bigs this yr.
Blanton maybe???

3 great minor guys makin it big time.

all 3 will be better next yr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rickeytonydwayn on Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 11:49 pm:

Dirtymatt,

Thats a great idea for a sign. Make it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 03:48 am:

The scarey thought that the A's 4 ROY candidates all could split the vote and somebody like Cano could get a huge amount of northeast votes and steal the ROY.

If there's anybody I think that deserves the AL ROY other than an A's rookie, it's Chacin. I remember opening night at the coliseum and how it would be an easy game going against a rookie SP but he just shut down the A's.

He could win 15-17 games this year easy with how well he's pitching and that's in elite category when you talk about rookie SP and win totals.

I'd still rank it like this.

Street
Swisher
Chacin
Cano
Blanton
DJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 04:45 am:

I still think Chacin is going to win - even if things continue as is. He's got better numbers than Blanton. DJ is just not known enough. Swisher is more, but I don't think they are gonna give the ROY to a hitter with less than a .260 avg (and I don't see him getting it up much more than that) with all the other options avail this year. Cano has pretty sick numbers - how is he not getting noticed by this bunch as a very good ROY option? As a Yankee with those numbers - you know damn well he'll have a heads up over DJ and Swish - NO DOUBT. I still say Chacin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 07:14 am:

What about Street?

4-1, 12 saves, 54 IP, 34 hits, 8 ERs, and 50 Ks, .133 ERA, and .184 BA against.

IF Street has 20+ saves and has an ERA around 1.20-1.50, it's hard to see him not winning it even with other rookies having great years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pct on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 08:10 am:

I know it won't happen, but it would be great if there was a 4-way tie for ROY between Swish, DJ, Blanton and Street. It would be a perfect symbol of the A's team this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By givedaddy5 on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 10:48 am:

As much as I think Swisher deserves it, Cano will win it easily. He is a Yankee so he will get much more press than Chacin or any of the A's. Here is NY there is an article written about how good Cano is 3 times a week.

I think for Swisher to win it, he would have to hit .270+ with 25+ HR's and 75+ RBI's. I don't know if he can produce on all those numbers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bleacherdave on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 04:22 pm:

Chacin deserves it. Cano is having a sick year, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 08:45 pm:

Right now how can anyone not see what Dan Johnson, Nick Swisher and Huston Street are doing and not give them a lot of votes? Maybe it will split the vote but come on is Cano really that valuable to his team? Street has meant everything and Swish and Johnson are carrying the offense a great deal.

Personally I think if Johnson gets enough ABs he will win it. Maybe Swish b/c he has MLB in his blood and the writers know that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By beaneball on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 09:28 pm:

Isn't it refreshing to watch Huston Street? The guy is a year out of college but he makes it look so easy, he's calm, in control. He shuts teams down and walks away with class. He acts like he's been there before. In other words, the complete opposite of Dotel. No stupid arm waving antics, no pointing to the sky, no screaming. Oh yeah and no back to back walk off homers either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 09:30 pm:

well said beaneball. dotel is a clown IMHO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 10:56 pm:

I remember a HOF closer named Eckersley that used to finish off an opponent with a little exclamation point at the end. I'm sure it was despised by the other team but I, myself, loved it!
Now having said that, I agree that the silent but deadly approach of Street is very cool also.

The problem with Dotel as I see it is that, unlike Eck, he was too inconsistant to really deserve to do his post game mound celebrations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 11:16 pm:

Absolutely, rb. Eck could deliver the goods.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 03:12 am:

Street is doing justice with wearing the #20, with Mulder being the previous owner of that # here.

I've never seen a rookie, especially a closer, be this dominant just one year removed from college.

I know Cordero of the Nats had a very good rookie year but it was nowhere as great and as dominant as Street's 2005 season.

Street should win the AL ROY!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 05:32 am:

How about:
"cool as a street" (cool as a cucumber)

Street is respectfull cause he's a 21 year old nice southern boy who went right into the bigs.

Now if Swisher was a closer and doing what STreet is, I have a feeling he's actually moon the batter after a save.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 10:16 am:

<html>
still think a sign like this would look cooler at the coliseum:

street
<\html>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 10:33 am:

I still think Scutaro deserves some recognition, too. He's helped us in crucial games..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 10:34 am:

Does Dan Johnson have any signs for him? He's worthy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ronc on Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 10:38 am:

Is there a Payton Place sign?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 10:49 am:

I was thinking that too--Payton Place! Another from my husband "Bow and Kotsay"

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.