Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Rich Gannon

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Rich Gannon
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 09:46 am:

I saw very little on Gannon's retirement. Did he say if he had any future plans?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By wbell on Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 10:10 am:

He will be a broadcaster for CBS. The Raiders want him to stay involved with the team in the future, but the two parties haven't worked out a role for him yet.

It's too bad his career ended by injury, but I'm glad he became a Raider. His leadership, ability and attitude helped the team greatly. He was big part of the team's success and I thank him for his efforts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 10:37 pm:

It's no surprise that QBs retire not because they want to but they have to because of injuries.

Look at Steve Young and Troy Aikman. Both had huge concussion issues and were forced to retire earlier than they should've.

I don't know how well Gannon well do if he gets a studio/commentary job. He wasn't great with the media and all of a sudden, he's gonna have to talk as a job.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.