Guidelines
    Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Yahoo Sports Poll:will the A's go into post season?

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Yahoo Sports Poll:will the A's go into post season?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 08:08 pm:

41% said yes, but 40% think they'll be out after the first roung. We gotta prove these people wrong! They are already trying to bring this team down...Why don't they ask what the Giants will do?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By calig on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 08:26 pm:

OK...

A Giant Poll for Dorrit-

What will the Giants do in the Postseason?

A) Buy new canes and wheelchairs for the next crop of free agents they will sign.
B) Move the Right Field fence in to generate more "Splash Hits" instead of WS Rings.
c) Buy better undetectable designer drugs for Barry after his system is rid of the Stanozolol.
d) Hire Larry Krugar as a Bench Coach

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chrishorvath on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 01:09 am:

I'd like to know what "we're" supposed to do to prove these people wrong.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 01:40 am:

At least reach the world series.

I think many outsiders of the A's are tired of the Beane is the best GM in baseball chants yet the A's haven't advanced further than the 1st round of the ALDS.

Until the A's/Beane reach the highest point of the mountain, critics will ALWAYS try to knock us down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 08:25 am:

Good one, Calig!
Right Oaktown, until this team goes all the way, we'll unfortunately not be taken seriously enough. We wouldn't have a poll like that,otherwise.
We're all going tonight-hope we have a great turnout-of A's fans, that is! Incredible how far we've come...want it be continue, and continue,etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 12:48 pm:

It's like all the remembrances of Gene Mauch: the one thing that seems to stand out from his managing career is that he never won a WS.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By slash034 on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 02:00 pm:

where can i order the T-shirt Oakland A's Hunt for October?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 02:07 pm:

That shirt came out during the '02 or '03 season. I don't think they're available anymore, except perhaps "pre-owned."

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.