Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Ron Washington...unsung hero

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Ron Washington...unsung hero
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktowngreen on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 02:54 pm:

USA Today : "A's third-base coach Ron Washington is emerging as a strong candidate to manage the Devil Rays if Lou Piniella departs... Former manager Davey Johnson has emerged as the leading candidate to manage the Marlins next season, replacing Jack McKeon."

If we lose this guy...I'd be wrecked!!! He should be a manager...but he should be OURS!!! Sorry for being selfish...but he is one of the vital organs that makes this club what it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By samk on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 03:04 pm:

We wish him well and move on.

I remember similar hew and cry over Peterson. We survived that departure too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 03:13 pm:

I'd prefer to wish Ken Macha well and he move on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By samk on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 03:30 pm:

We may got that one as well. Not that it's likely to make much difference

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 04:12 pm:

I love wash but he won't manage the A's. I think he has too much of his own thing going for billy. i would be sad to see him go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 05:31 pm:

I may have to change my username. He should replace Macha but I fear that just won't happen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ssblip on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 08:41 pm:

but even if he did replace macha, it's the wrong man for the job. wash has autonomy, which is why we love him. if he were coach, his style would clash with the overbearing billy and it just wouldn't be a good fit. love wash, but this isn't where he'd be happy or appropriately valued.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.