Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

*RUMOR* Two big name players have tested positive for steroids

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: *RUMOR* Two big name players have tested positive for steroids
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Thursday, August 18, 2005 - 07:10 pm:

There's I guess a couple of blogs and some radio stations reporting that there are "credible" sources that say that two big name players are in the appeal process right now for testing positive for steroids. One of the player's is rumored to be Roger Clemens. The other name being thrown around is Johnny Damon and even Derek Jeter. Of course stress that these are rumors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Thursday, August 18, 2005 - 09:48 pm:

I heard it too on KNBR with Ralph and Tom. They said 1 NL and AL player will get outed next week maybe.

Clemens is the name being thrown out in the NL, but nobody knows for sure who the AL is.

Geezz, you wanna talk about a hit to your career if you're the Rocket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Thursday, August 18, 2005 - 11:14 pm:

I honestly would be shocked if Damon was one of them. I JUST heard him on an interview the other day talking about roids and how baseball needs to get rid of them and he wouldn't touch them.

The Rocket, I would not be surprised. He's forty freaking three. Nobody should be doing what he's doing at his age.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By muddlehead on Friday, August 19, 2005 - 06:50 pm:

you'll have to trust me on this. i've been saying for years, it will come out at some point in my lifetime clemens and n ryan are/were both juicers. we bag barry for getting better with each year - defying common sense. how about these two power pitchers? both throwing as hard as ever well into 40's? compare them to power pitchers like feller and seaver (two that come to mind) whose pitches slowed down normally through the advancing years. like only these two texans knew how to condition themselves? right. anyway, i came to this conclusion a few years ago when a so cal jc pitcher on a top jc team (my son's best friend) said everyone on his team - pitchers included - juiced. at this point, you heard it here second.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jeffreyb on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 02:13 pm:

read this from several weeks ago!

http://www.insidebayarea.com/montepoole/ci_2923281

it's a Monte Poole column trying to 'out' Clemens.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By muddlehead on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 08:27 am:

nails it spot on jefferyb and monte poole. settles the issue on one texan. now, ryan needs to be outed as well. thanks

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.