Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Kendall.... again

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Kendall.... again

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By alcasfan on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 01:27 pm:

this is actually getting quite old.

isn't there something that can be done?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 01:47 pm:

yep ignore trolls. if you ignore them eventually they'll go away b/c they get a rise out of bugging people. if there's no one to bug, then there's no fun in trolling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By alcasfan on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 02:54 pm:

good to know.

thanks.

let's take this series from this team, what do ya say?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 03:21 pm:

What are you people talking about trolls? I see no Trolls (wink wink)

Kendell is a gamer no doubt but lest we forget he has been batting 300+ on a team that had no pressure at all on them. Kendell in is first (I belive) playoff race may be pressing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By alcasfan on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 03:55 pm:

I do really like what he has done with the very young pitchers, but just wonder why Ken Macha continues to bat him so high up in the order.

Let's hope he picks it up this series.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 03:58 pm:

he's been hot lately. the key is that we need a basestealer (lol) hitting in front of him. kendall's a decent guy to have at bat when you have a runner on 2nd b/c he can advance the runner. when you have a guy at 1st, then Kendall's a DP risk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By msu02 on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 04:01 pm:

What are everyone's thoughts on Marco? I love what he's done for the A's the past couple of years, but the guy is batting .180 since the break. I would rather have Ginter out there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 04:11 pm:

double play ground out to help a struggling picture out of the first inning nice job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 05:11 pm:

Kendell is clutch I don't know why we complain about him. Base knock for a 2 out run and then throw'n people out.

Kendell rocks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 05:16 pm:

hahaha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 05:23 pm:

wow 1st and 2nd none out, and no runs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 05:24 pm:

let's not forget ellis's dp's either.
what do we have, 3 already?
give credit where credit is due.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 05:55 pm:

Marco's D is much better than Ginter's. I'd take Scooter any day of the week over Ginter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 02:47 pm:

Agreed Ey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ronc on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 04:43 pm:

Kendall GIDP again. Leads or is close to leading the league. The new Ben Grief

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jerryo1 on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 04:45 pm:

Actually, Kendall now LEADS the league in GIDP with 23, passing Miguel Tejada.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactofan on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 08:55 pm:

It's is absolutely crazy idiotic to have him batting 2nd with the way that Ellis is hitting. It's probably going to mess up Ellis' game because he is going to swing for doubles and homers just to stay out of the automatic double play. I am not a Macha hater but if Macha can't see to move Kendall out of the 2-hole he is indeed an idiot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 09:14 pm:

AN indicated that kendall has 22 dps and 23 extra base hits. this is poor baseball management (BB and Macha) to have this dude batting 2nd. sactofan's on point.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ronc on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 10:52 pm:

In his last year with the A's Ben Grief had 32 gidp's but also hit 27hr, 40 doubles and had 104 rbi.

What happened to performance dictating the lineup?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 06:50 am:

Agreed. I love what kendall does behind the plate and I think he's been a great hitter throughout his career. BUT right now, he's not getting it done and since Ellis is getting on base alot recently, the dp's by kendall are killing us.

Can we NOT change that? LORD. I don't understand macha's insistence to keep the lineup the same through the bs. Patience he says. THERE IS NOT much more time though. It's really annoying.

Almost any hitter would be better in the 2 hole now.

Ellis, (payton, Johnson, Scutaro - I DON'T CARE WHO), Kotsay, Chavey etc etc
Change ONE spot here please.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyshero on Thursday, September 15, 2005 - 05:31 pm:

Check this out...Kendall's Slugging % is thirty points BELOW his on-base percentage. I thought that sounded weird, so I tried to find another player whose slg % is less than his obp and couldn't find one. Is there another player like that? Has there EVER been a player who's done that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By msu02 on Thursday, September 15, 2005 - 05:41 pm:

Enzo Hernandez was a semi-regular shortstop for the Padres for six years in the '70's and his slugging percentage was below his OBP every four out of the six years (the other two years were super close)......

http://www.baseball-reference.com/h/hernaen01.shtml

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jerryo1 on Thursday, September 15, 2005 - 06:25 pm:

Ray Oyler was a SS with the Tigers in the '60's and had a SLG% lower than his OBP for three consecutive seasons, including Detroit's World Series Champ team in 1968.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/o/oylerra01.shtml

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ohiofan on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 07:02 am:

Other than taking the lead in GIDP, has anyone noticed that so far this month Kendall is batting .313 and OPS is .752
I hate that he is so far below his numbers for the past 2 years, but if he's gonna heat up, this is perfect.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 07:07 am:

Nobody wants to win more than kendall, I can tell you that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyshero on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 09:09 am:

Al Davis wants to win more than Kendall, and has had relatively similar results in recent years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By scattymatty22 on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 03:19 pm:

by the end of the year i wouldn't be surprised if kendall was only a couple of points behind chavy, or even ahead in ba.... take it how you want, but I don't think it's a good thing for either player.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactofan on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 05:54 pm:

Jesus me! Another double play in the first inning. Unbelievable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By naomi on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 06:28 pm:

troll

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By naomi on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 06:31 pm:

troll

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jerryo1 on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 06:51 pm:

TROLL ALERT!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By naomi on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 07:05 pm:

troll

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By naomi on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 07:07 pm:

troll

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 07:45 pm:

response to troll

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By naomi on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 08:03 pm:

troll

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 10:10 pm:

response to troll

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 02:15 am:

Hey wash I take that subscibtion to Hustler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 03:51 am:

response to troll

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.