Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

MACHA FOR MANAGER OF THE DECADE

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: MACHA FOR MANAGER OF THE DECADE
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 08:56 pm:

His performance tonight caps a nice run of super decisions on this road trip.

As Hank Greenwald would put it, "Gene" Macha is truly imitating Gene Mauch in Managing the A's right out of this pennant race.

Fire this dumb ass now, don't wait.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 09:04 pm:

Amen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ronc on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 09:16 pm:

In a related story Hank is finished for the season and his contract has expired

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By drummer510 on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 09:39 pm:

This road trip has effectively ruined Macha's contract exstension. WTF taking out Calero was retarted, I frickin hate Rincon, putting in Cruz in a tough (not rookie like situation) then puttin in Yabu against Manny, really stupid. Then bringin in a 5th infielder. Macha has really lost a couple games for us this trip. I like him better when he doesn't do, but just sitting there doin nothing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactofan on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 09:40 pm:

Are you criticizing the strategy with the 5th infielder or his choice of pitchers?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By naomi on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 09:40 pm:

I do not think Macha has coached for a decade so it would be hard to name him manager of the decade. But nice try.

Yeah it was a bummer that Macha's pitch HIT Manny Ramirez and drove in the winning run.

Reno, Macha did not HAVE a performance, that was left up to the professional baseball players that play for the team. YABU hit Manny, Not MACHA.

Macha is the MANAGER. And he deserves to be Manager of the Year for being anywhere NEAR first place at this point of the season.His team makes 70 million dollars LESS than the Red Sox and they beat the A's by ONE RUN.

Call it what is was--A GREAT BASEBALL GAME that went the other way.

Amazing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakland_j on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 10:05 pm:

I thought taking out Kiko with Damon up made total sense. Lefties are hitting .333 against Calero this year and hit 60 points better than righties in his career. Like him or not, it was the perfect situation for Rincon, who got Damon out last night an barely missed striking him out tonight. After the A's didn't score in the top of the 10th, it was basically pick your poison at that point Cruz or Yabu to eat up innings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 10:06 pm:

We win in SPITE of Macha!!

Why of why didn't Billy let the Beantowners take Macha...we could have had Francona. Well at least I hope Geren does not make the same shrewd in game moves next season that Macha does. It will be a travesty if Wash does not at least get an interview to be the A's Skipper.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By naomi on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 10:09 pm:

trolls and responses to trolls will be erased by mod from now on

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 10:13 pm:

response erased by mod

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By naomi on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 10:19 pm:

erased

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rickeytonydwayn on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 10:23 pm:

response to troll erased

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By naomi on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 10:25 pm:

troll

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rickeytonydwayn on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 10:29 pm:

I think Macha needs an English lesson. Perhaps Naomi you could even teach him how to pronounce Hatteberg. While you are blowing him of course.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 10:30 pm:

response to troll erased

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rickeytonydwayn on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 10:32 pm:

response to troll

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 10:33 pm:

response to troll

lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rickeytonydwayn on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 10:35 pm:

I just read Naomi's explanation on another board. Do you like cat's Lil. I love em.

response:

I don't own any cats but I do love cats and other animals.
Sometimes I have a little problem loving human animals but I try to overcome that and with tolenrance and understanding of mental illnesses that aflicts many among us.

lil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rickeytonydwayn on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 10:41 pm:

reswponse to troll erased

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 01:47 am:

ignore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 03:50 am:

sorry to have to erase your thoughtful post, but trolls will not value anybody's insight and will come back with insults...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 10:30 am:

Debate is good and I don't mind disagreement with my opinions. If my insight is not valued by a troll or otherwise, so be it.

I personally value our current "troll's" outlook more often than some non trolls who continually insult posters, pick stupid internet fights, and revert their comments on every subject back to one theme of Beane's trades/free agent decisions.
And we all know who that is

As long as personal attacks, insults and/or non-germain items are not part of a dissenting post, I say bring em on.

Because of time constraints, the OAFC Board is the only chat site of any kind to which I post. I chose this site because it is very open and evenhanded in its administration and its debate has been for the most part thoughtful and interesting.
I'm confident that I will be able to continue to read posts on here from anyone who can remain adult about it.

Oh ...and.... GO A'S :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 10:38 am:

baseball baseball baseball baseball

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rickeytonydwayn on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 11:25 am:

Funny result of last nights posts. Sorry if I went overboard. Now back to baseball.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 12:19 pm:

Sorry folks. I tried to leave it as long as I could, but I have to keep things civil and mature enough for all to enjoy this forum.

I'm far from perfect and for the most part, folks here have cooperated enough that I've gone many months without having to delete a poster or their posts.

This thread has run its course and I'll close it down for obvious reasons.

lil

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.