Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Bonds predicting he'll lose weight next year

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Bonds predicting he'll lose weight next year
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chris_d on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 09:48 am:

Hmmmm.

This from Sunday's (Sept. 18) Press Democrat:

...Bonds also said he plans to be lighter next season, dropping down to about 200 pounds from about 230.

"I'm going to be skinny," said Bonds, who has been told that carrying less weight will ease strain on his knee.

Is Bonds here shrewdly setting the foundation for his defending arguments when he shows up lean and "de-roided" next spring?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 01:31 pm:

Yeah, he'll be looking like Pudge did this past season.

I mean how convient to have seen Pudge who was always a "big guy" even dating back to the days when he was "pudgy" hence the nickname he got when he was a rookie and the year MLB tests for roids, he looks like a stick figure basically.

Bonds is trying to pull a fast one over with the fans/media. He'll get past the moronic and biased SF media and fanbase here but the national media and fans hopefully will rip him into streds.

Looking foward to the DC crowds booing his ass these next 3 starting tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 03:15 pm:

Saw this in the C.C. Times:"Bonds expecting to hear boo birds":"Boo.They're supposed to boo me".Asked why he's "supposed" to be booed,Bonds said,"Because I'm good.I'm coming to get 'em..I don't care.Bring it on,baby.."
One fan at SBC Park yelled "Cheater!" at Bonds his response?"They can say whatever they want. To me, anybody who has to go out of their way to say something negative about somebody else, they're in alot more pain than I am.." Shouldn't Barry follow his own advice??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 03:31 pm:

ESPN radio last night were again defending Bonds, and said they still have a chance to get in the play-offs, because of the Padres being weak..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyshero on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 04:23 pm:

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20050919/capt.sge.jhj40.190905172344.photo00.photo.default-384x270.jpg

http://graphics.ink19.com/issues/march2003/hrPufnstuf.jpeg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 04:53 pm:

Chris, I had exactly the same thought when I read that Bonds plans to come back "skinny." The perfect set up for him. I heard Mike Krukow praising his "talent" this morning, his bat speed and ability to see the ball. Can you say "HGH"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By gregorymark on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 09:28 pm:

Except he will still have a big head.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 02:05 pm:

"They boo me because I'm good."

Interesting. Why didn't they boo cal ripken? why don't they boo vlad? I'm not hearing boos for pujols or andruw jones, or tejada.

nice logic barry!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 02:32 pm:

Today Barry stated he will quit baseball if he needs surgery again. Need surgery! Need surgery!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bfriend on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 03:04 pm:

"needs surgery" might be code for "test positive" and then the Lords of Baseball will continue to collude to keep it hush hush... and keep Congress out of their hair

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ronc on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 03:31 pm:

I was half expecting Barroid would request a trade to the Orioles or Nats now that he's advising Congress.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jenmed on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 03:33 pm:

Oh no, not the Nats, Frank Robinson would eat him for breakfast!!!

Now THAT is something I'd like to see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ronc on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 03:42 pm:

He'd just say to Frank "haven't you got more important things to worry about like managing instead of concerning yourself with steroids"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By billymac on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 05:00 pm:

"why don't they boo vlad?"

They do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 06:39 pm:

billymac, who boos vlad? what about everyone else?

Bonds far and away gets the most boos of anyone in the majors, and that includes media darlings like Jeter, and superstars like Pujols.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 11:16 pm:

Vlad got plenty of boos tonight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 05:12 pm:

don't get that one eyleenn. just because he's good he gets booed I guess. Nothing like mr. bonds however.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ronc on Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 05:20 pm:

Yes, it wasn't a Bondsian boo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 05:31 pm:

Kevin, you asked who boos Vlad. A's fans do, whether he deserves it or not.

The most vociferous boos were for Scioscia. And for the umpires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By billymac on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 12:40 am:

People boo players sometimes because they're good. People sometimes boo players because they're jerks. For Bonds, both apply.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.