Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Great article about the Big 3 in 2005

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Great article about the Big 3 in 2005
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ronc on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 04:56 pm:

This ESPN Insider article by Mychael Urban about the Big 3 was posted on Fanhome. It's a terrific read. Mulder and Hudson still miss the A's
"http://mb10.scout.com/foaklandathleticsfrm1.showMessage?topicID=8945.topic"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 12:08 am:

Excellent! Wonderful to see that those 3 still care a lot about each other.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By orangeman on Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 05:12 am:

How much fun it must be to be a ballplayer, and have that comraderie with your teammates!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cool_hand on Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 01:54 pm:

Great read. Mulder comes across as stepford child pretty boy to Zito's eccentric hipster spaceshot, but both recognize Huddy as a leader. Ironic that Izzy is trying to get Mulder to cut his "cord". I didnt realize that Mulder and Crosby were that tight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 01:59 pm:

Mulder always seemed the most immature trying to always be cool. I've always felt Zito puts on a schtik act and very bright.
Huddy is the bulldog and for real although a bit rough around the edges.

My fave pitcher at the moment is Blanton.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 06:02 pm:

I usually put my copy of ESPN The Magazine directly into the recycling, but when it came today I checked out the Urban article and the pictures that go with the story are great. Mulder and Huddy both look sexy, but Zito looks like he's just been arrested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 09:16 pm:

i'm w/you lil. i seriously put blanton in the same class as greg maddux. he's awesome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactofan on Friday, September 30, 2005 - 03:34 pm:

I love Blanton too. I still think he should have gotten Mulder's last start in 2004 (when Mulder sucked so bad and the A's lost to the Angels something like 9-0!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jenmed on Friday, September 30, 2005 - 04:03 pm:

Well, I believe Joe Joe came in to relieve Mulder and gave up a grand slam, am I remembering right?

But I love him too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Friday, September 30, 2005 - 05:31 pm:

Jenmed,
You are right. BUT, let me qualify:

1. He should have been starting
2. Blanton looked VERY good until that ab, I believe that was his second inning of relief. AND he had a bit of control issues in a what was a VERY important game. BUT that pitch that was hit for a GS was a fluke. It was a NASTY breaking pitch that 9 out of 10 times is a swing and miss. It was a miracle that ball was hit for a HR.....

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.