Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Poole column

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Poole column
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 07:24 pm:

Pretty on-point article by Monte.

Exerpt from his column:

"Asked about his team in spring training, Macha said he thought it would be fine, assuming it scored enough runs.

Asked about offense in July, he said he'd like a little more.

He might have gotten it, too, if there were a way to make it work beyond 2005."

http://www.insidebayarea.com/montepoole/ci_3068667

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ronc on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 09:04 pm:

"If Macha held his breath at the deadline, hopeful of a typically slick move from his boss, he turned blue. Beane stuck to the plan. There were no deadline deals. "

Interesting to read that Chavey was sent to the Principal's office for saying the team needed another bat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By alcasfan on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 09:12 pm:

uh, well, actually he was called in to THE GENERAL MANAGER OF THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS office because of what a bunch of you have been bitching about for weeks now--he took his beef to the press. he should have been called in and told to shut the hell up. is that NOT what you have been saying for weeks or is it just me, a non member reading into all of your bitching about chavy's mouth?

you are all amazing spin doctors in order to make points aren't you?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ronc on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 09:29 pm:

Hey FanThruNaomi what's happening!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By alcasfan on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 09:49 pm:

what? nice comeback. again you are a hypocrite about chavy. at least have some integrity in your posts. it is foolish and looks oh so petty

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ronc on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 09:53 pm:

Interesting column by Monte. Would have been nice if the A's had picked up a couple of sticks... C'est la vie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By alcasfan on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 10:07 pm:

not really sure what your going for here, but why not address my comments rather than attempting to offend me with some jr. high comments about a person's weight issues.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 10:46 pm:

ron, I think Monte was right on about Beane's attitude, but I'm not sure Macha wasn't just going through the motions waiting for the year to end so he can move on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 11:19 pm:

Time out. Excuse me, alcasfan, I believe you misread ronc's post. All he said was that it was "interesting" that Chavez was called on the carpet for his remarks. How is that putting "spin" on anything? How is that hypocritical? And who said anything about anyone's weight???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 11:27 pm:

Poole's column confirmed what I posted previously. Billy didn't want to spend any money or trade any players because he had his sights set on 2006 and beyond. 2005 was merely a transitional season.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 08:27 am:

eyleen, it is looking more and more that alcasfan only wants to complain and criticize posters, so when he can't find something said to attack, he simply invents something...

anybody want to guess why ron called alcasfan
fanthrunaomi? duh!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 09:19 am:

I think the more interesting thing for you all here, and I am surprised you didn't bring it up, is that Chavey was called into the principal's office for asking for a bat, but when he comes out and talks poop about the attendance, that our season is over, or other things like that, BB lets him go free.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 09:40 am:

Good point. Clearly, the "we need a bat" comments were viewed as criticism of management, whereas the other comments were no problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 10:07 am:

funny how that works huh...

makes you think a bit.

Not that I want him scolded for either. I think it's his right to be a dumbass. If he wants to critcize the fans, he'll get it from them eventually. And he should certainly be allowed to tell everyone what the team needs - hell, he was right wasn't he???

In fact, if he was a TRUE leader, he would have gone into the office - he would have said "Billy, since I am the team leader and core of this organization, why dont we have a meeting once a month to discuss ......."

I kind of thought that's what leaders did?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 11:12 am:

yeah lil, funny that naomi disappeared and how we have alcas fan around.

bb's a rough SOB and probably has more enemies in teh game than friends. his ego is massive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 11:15 am:

..great gm though...but doesn't like to be questioned.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.